Issues after my first LD

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
j1x1n

Issues after my first LD

Postby j1x1n » 26 Feb 2012 19:06

I had my first LD (although i only became semi-lucid so the memory of it is still fuzzy) a few weeks ago, and I've been having troubles trying to get another one to happen ever since. I had another dream 2 weeks after that where i questioned my reality, but didn't become lucid. I've tried WILD, which ends up with me sitting there awake all night, or falling asleep and losing concentration. I've tried WBTB, which makes my dreams easier to remember and more complex, but i haven't came anywhere close to questioning my reality or anything of the sort within the dream. I keep a dream journal, but my recall is really bad on many nights and i end up having fuzzy, incoherent memories of dreams, usually with just an image in my head i can draw or a sentence or two to write. I'm getting tired of doing RC's constantly and them not having any impact on my dreams. I even meditate for 10-20 minutes a day. I'm overall just worried lucid dreaming is never going to come to me, because I've been going at this full force since the beginning of the year, and don't any of you agree that i should have more progress after 2 months of dedicated practice?

Sarah

Re: Issues after my first LD

Postby Sarah » 26 Feb 2012 21:00

First or all, the most important thing is to believe! (; You can't lose hope, even if you haven't mastered lucid dreaming yet

I suggest you keep if a dream journal if you don't already have one.

Or, before nighttime, repeat to yourself, "I am lucid" and "I will remember my dreams" And other encouraging things. Your brain will process these words into your body.
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

j1x1n

Postby j1x1n » 26 Feb 2012 22:26

Thanks for the reply, ill try that. i'm thinking part of my issue is a lack of confidence though :\

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 27 Feb 2012 01:58

j1x1n wrote:I had my first LD (although i only became semi-lucid so the memory of it is still fuzzy) a few weeks ago, and I've been having troubles trying to get another one to happen ever since. I had another dream 2 weeks after that where i questioned my reality, but didn't become lucid. I've tried WILD, which ends up with me sitting there awake all night, or falling asleep and losing concentration. I've tried WBTB, which makes my dreams easier to remember and more complex, but i haven't came anywhere close to questioning my reality or anything of the sort within the dream. I keep a dream journal, but my recall is really bad on many nights and i end up having fuzzy, incoherent memories of dreams, usually with just an image in my head i can draw or a sentence or two to write. I'm getting tired of doing RC's constantly and them not having any impact on my dreams. I even meditate for 10-20 minutes a day. I'm overall just worried lucid dreaming is never going to come to me, because I've been going at this full force since the beginning of the year, and don't any of you agree that i should have more progress after 2 months of dedicated practice?

This sounds almost identicle to my current condition. I had one lucid dream within 17 days of starting my efforts, it was only semi lucid, not completely lucid but it still counts since I was aware and in control. Ever since, I cannot make progress like I had been originally, despite my efforts to research different methods and ideas. I don't think I'm losing confidence, as I continue to try and I am excited about trying every night. However, I am getting frustrated. I can never stay awake, I always get close to getting a really solid HI and get like half SP and then I wake up the next morning saying, "wtf when the hell did I fall asleep??"
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Feb 2012 02:39

Sarah wrote:First or all, the most important thing is to believe! (; You can't lose hope, even if you haven't mastered lucid dreaming yet

I suggest you keep if a dream journal if you don't already have one.

Or, before nighttime, repeat to yourself, "I am lucid" and "I will remember my dreams" And other encouraging things. Your brain will process these words into your body.

All good advice, the last part is especially important. It's amazing how well it works when you tell yourself things like "I will remember my dreams." Another very effective one is "The next time I am dreaming, I will realize I am dreaming." It's seems like every lucid dream I've had was when I used this. Do these as a habit and you will get results.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

j1x1n

Postby j1x1n » 27 Feb 2012 03:46

lucidinthesky, thanks for reinforcing what sara said earlier, ill try to do that and hopefully it will be the game changer in my lucid escapades! :mrgreen:

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 29 Feb 2012 00:59

I wish you luck but even I didn't have my lucid dream yet lol. Still workingg in it!

SamSamSam

Postby SamSamSam » 29 Feb 2012 02:05

I really swear by the wake back to bed method. Set your alarm for 2 hours before you normally wake up, sit up in bed and read about lucid dreaming in order to get your mind focused on lucid dreaming, then go back to sleep after 30 min and perform a MILD technique. This doesn't work every time but does yield results quite regularly for me. There is something about breaking sleep that makes you a bit more conscious when you return back to sleep.
This technique is especially good for people who are having trouble inducing lucid dreams using other methods.
Also, have a strong purpose. Write down a list of goals you wish to achieve in the lucid dream state. Maybe you want to fly, meet someone, meditate or experience infinity. Having a firm goal provides extra mental stimulation which in my opinion is another important ingredient for success in lucid dreaming.
Best of luck

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 29 Feb 2012 03:06

I was wondering about what to do during the break, would listening to binaural beats or isochronic tones help, or would I be better off reading?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 29 Feb 2012 03:39

Jack Reacher wrote:I was wondering about what to do during the break, would listening to binaural beats or isochronic tones help, or would I be better off reading?

Well binuaral beats/ isochronic tones can help you when you meditate, or have not mastered becoming Lucid in your dreams!

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”