Surge

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
KylePK

Surge

Postby KylePK » 27 Feb 2012 05:52

For the first time in many weeks, I had what I call a surge. This occurs when I am either meditating or trying to lucid dream, and it is basically a mental and physical surge of energy that radiates through my entire body. This time, I tried to maintain it for as long as I could. It often hinders my ability to breath deeply, and it forces me to almost jolt and move around a lot. Its like this energy is coursing through me and I'm ready to burst! It feels really cool and all, but I'm wondering what its significance is. It usually brings forth some pretty good HI too, which I get rarely. I'm wondering if its even possible for me to prolong and control it, because based on what I felt today, if I held on to it for much longer... well honestly I feel like its too much energy to cage up. Usually I lose it and it fades away, leaving me sort of numb and tingly everywhere.

Anybody have any explanation as to what this is?
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Intrepid

Re: Surge

Postby Intrepid » 28 Feb 2012 15:47

You posted on my thread about this awhile back. I experience this as well, but it really just feels like heat and as though I'm being periodically bitten by sand fleas. I'll often get that itching sensation with what you experience as difficulty maintaining breathing control. It's really frustrating, but I can't seem to bypass it now. My first two serious WILD attempts resulted in LD's, but now, I'm stuck in "the surge" until I give in a roll to one of my sides and let go of meditating/concentrating.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 29 Feb 2012 00:55

Kyle.. if you don't mind at all telling me honestly- if you won't honestly then please dont tell me a fake answer- what is your age? I just want to know to compare because I'm 12 ><
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 01 Mar 2012 01:44

Sarah wrote:Kyle.. if you don't mind at all telling me honestly- if you won't honestly then please dont tell me a fake answer- what is your age? I just want to know to compare because I'm 12 ><

I'm 18! :P

Intrepid, I don't really know what to do about it. I feel like I'm supposed to maintain it long enough so it will pop me into the dream, but no matter how calm and collected I stay, attempting to let the feeling thrive, it eventually just fades away, leaving me feeling drained, numb and although still in a meditative state, nowhere closer to a lucid dream.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 01 Mar 2012 01:54

Wow, I've done this too! However, I haven't been able to keep doing it for a prolonged period of time. It normally just happens for a few seconds and then it's gone.
There is no spoon.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 01 Mar 2012 05:57

Chrispy wrote:Wow, I've done this too! However, I haven't been able to keep doing it for a prolonged period of time. It normally just happens for a few seconds and then it's gone.

It gets really weird if you can prolong it for more than 10 seconds. It does for me anyway.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 01 Mar 2012 23:50

Something similar happens to me while meditating, I also get a psychological surge where everything seems to be in its right place, everything is perfect and every thought that I think is positive, absolute positive thinking. It starts as a chain reaction, when I realise it is happening it just gets better and better. I havent had it while sleeping though.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 02 Mar 2012 00:38

Are you really 18..? o: Well then nevermind sorry got you mixed up with this guy who's last name starts with a K ^^
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 02 Mar 2012 06:22

Sarah wrote:Are you really 18..? o: Well then nevermind sorry got you mixed up with this guy who's last name starts with a K ^^

Hahahaha yes I am xD I have no reason to deceive anyone about my age.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”