Book Recomendations

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Gooeymaw

Book Recomendations

Postby Gooeymaw » 23 Feb 2012 02:49

I've read many books, but I'd like to hear recommendations from you guys, but this can also be a general one, too, for everyone else who is in the market for decent books on the subject of lucid dreaming and dreams in general. It's take me too long to list ALL the books I already own and have read, so I expect some of them to be ones I am already familiar with, but that's okay for anyone else reading.

I hope this subject hasn't already been brought up a zillion times. If so, sorry.

I am ready to find new books to read, so I am hoping you guys know some good books.

12padams

Re: Book Recomendations

Postby 12padams » 23 Feb 2012 03:19

Hello there :)

I highly recommend the practical guide book avalible for free download at obe4u.com!!!
Its based of real world research done with many people trying the technqiues in the book.

I myself I have explorered this book and reading it lead me to having my first lucid dreams and writting my own book. My own book is also free and shows my progress and development from day one of my lucid dreaming journey. I dont stick to the practical guidebook and I try out many different methods including wilds, dilds, deilds and more. Realising the difference between simulated lucid dreams and real ones is my biggest goal. Check it out here:
http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.0
(make sure you read the reference section at the back of the book)

Good luck with finding more books... They really help :)
Can't Have A Lucid Dream?

Check out my free eBook which logs my day by day journey from day 1. Check out my experiences, successes and failures with many different lucid dreaming methods.

Download here: http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.0

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 23 Feb 2012 03:29

Simulated lucid dreams? Please, expand.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

12padams

Postby 12padams » 23 Feb 2012 12:28

Simulated lucid dreams? Please, expand.

Oh please don't tell me that this community of lucid dreamers isn't familiar with simulated lucidity...

It's basically dreaming of having a lucid dream without being conscious... Take these two experiences as examples: http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.msg4972#msg4972

In them I act lucid and say that I am lucid when infact I am not really lucid. I do things that I have learnt about controlling dreams such as flying and deepening however nothing I do involves events I planned during my waking state.

The current incorrect definition of lucid dreaming is: "knowing your dreaming within a dream"
It should be: "the analytical concious mind present during waking life becomes present within a dream"
The reason is because you can dream of being lucid without being lucid... You can say your lucid but only your subconscious mind adds this dream to your memory while your conscious mind is absent from the experience and remains asleep.

Google search simulated lucidity and you should instantly find my dreamviews post which explains everything in much more detail. Unfortunately dreamviews has been hacked and is a little dangerous right now which is why I have not posted any links to it... I recommend you avoid it for now until I give the "ok" and post the link to my topic.
Can't Have A Lucid Dream?

Check out my free eBook which logs my day by day journey from day 1. Check out my experiences, successes and failures with many different lucid dreaming methods.

Download here: http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.0

SamSamSam

Postby SamSamSam » 29 Feb 2012 02:16

I really treasure Robert Wagonner's 'Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self :D

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 29 Feb 2012 03:36

SamSamSam wrote:I really treasure Robert Wagonner's 'Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self :D

Ohh I like that book too!
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”