A search for God

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Peter

Re: A search for God

Postby Peter » 26 Feb 2012 01:35

Lucid, its sounds like you are one of the few than can think and move on. Those cross roads you speak of are to me where the true growth begins and where you start to look inside for guidance
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 26 Feb 2012 03:43

Hey.. no hard feelings here.. motivation is what should be going on! :) Besides I understand some of you guys have different religious views! Just try not to make it seem like you're disaproving so obviously, it may be offense to the other person
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Feb 2012 03:52

I dont disaprove of anything, I think religion is the 2nd biggest curse on the planet and that is a personal belief and I am not bothered in the least if that offends anyone as they are free to discuss their feelings and beliefs if they wish as long as it does not become personal

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Feb 2012 18:55

Peter wrote:Lucid, its sounds like you are one of the few than can think and move on. Those cross roads you speak of are to me where the true growth begins and where you start to look inside for guidance

Yes, you're right.

My advice to everyone is to seek the truth, not accept someone else's truth. Never be afraid of where the journey takes you.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 28 Feb 2012 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Gary8847

Postby Gary8847 » 28 Feb 2012 20:58

I've been watching you two go back and forth for the last few days. And I have concluded that you were never a Christian. In your younger days you might have been forced to go to church. But you were just in a building made of brick and mortor that time will make crumble to the earth. As it will do to your bones.
Christainity is so much more then that. It is not about mind control or a punishment. It is about the love of Jesus Christ our Lord.

It all comes down to this. What kind of master will you serve. A master that will show his love with whips of fire. Or a master that will show his love with great mercies. You decide. This life happens so fast.
I can remember in my youth thinking how great it would be when I am older. Doingwhat the big boys do. Driving cars and staying up all night. How much fun that would be. Then I was old enough to drive. And then do to the bar and dance all night with the devil. Then I got a little older and time sort of spedup. And I've been trying to dig in to slow it down ever since.
In short, it will not be long for either of us. Me or you, to learn the truth.

And I wonder what you mean by, 'free will.' There are so few things that religion ask you not to do. And most of us don't have a problem with those regardless if we are religous or not.

I and my entire family are hardcore believers in God, Jesus and all things that are of Heaven. Which, by the way, earth is a part of. And just to be clear, I also know there is a hell as well. Make no mistake.

And there are people like you all over this world. That would discourage those that do believe. Just because you believe you have to be right. And can not be wrong.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 28 Feb 2012 23:57

Gary8847 wrote:And there are people like you all over this world. That would discourage those that do believe. Just because you believe you have to be right. And can not be wrong.

Oh, the hypocrisy...
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 29 Feb 2012 01:06

If you are searching for God, I suggest you do not try to contact him in a dream, but constantly pray. You never know.
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 29 Feb 2012 04:30

Gary, you have begun to worry me with the things that you have been posting. You talk about how people put down your beliefs because they want theirs to be correct. I find that you saying that is slightly hypocritical. First of all, I want you to know that I am not one of those people who will put you down to prove what I believe is right, because I can't prove anything.

All I am doing is asking you questions that I myself, have failed to answer.

You say that you just "know" that hell exists. And I want to know how you or anyone could say that. There is no way that you can prove hell of heaven exist. There is also no way that you could ever even know If they exist or not. I can say this because I don't know if hell is real, and if I don't know than you don't know. This is because you do not posess any mental abilities that I do not.

I am not an "evil heretic" who wants to obliterate all religion as some people might say. I simply want people who "know" that there is a god, and out of the hundreds of proposed gods, that it is "their" god, to look at humanity through what I believe.

Religion was probably created by some very smart people, a very long time ago. They looked at the world, being over run by killers and theives, and decided to tell these criminals that they would be rewarded after death; Rewarded for living good life.

Today, many people still mindlessly follow the traditions practiced by their fathers, and their father's fathers, without ever really stopping to look at what they are doing. People need to realize that these old traditions are pointless. Just because humanity has been doing something for thousands of years, does not make it right, or correct. Today, religious men have risen to positions of power. This is wrong. Instead of steering the ship of humanity by way of a compass, these men would direct it by the equivilant of reading the entrails of a chicken. It's time for mankind to grow up, put away the story books, and get ready for the real world, the real universe. Humanity has no idea how the universe got here, or where the universe even is, but coming up with outrageous stories or claims is not an option of how to explain these questions or search for the answers to them.
Last edited by Worldenterer1 on 11 Mar 2012 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 29 Feb 2012 06:36

He also says our life is too short to find the truth, yet he says he knows hell exists with absolute certainty...

Look its best not to argue with these guys, their beliefs are based on blind faith, not reasoning, so why reason with them? Just let him enjoy his little world, he isn't really forcing his views onto us, though he is acting all superior by claiming he knows things we don't.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 29 Feb 2012 19:38

You're probably right jack, I just wish I could help these people.

Return to “Off-Topic”