What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

Peter

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Peter » 29 Feb 2012 20:21

a simple question that I cant answer.
Does our existance create consiousness and when we die it dies with us or is our body and brain able to accept consiousness and so it populates us while we live and then moves on when we die.

Is it an external energy or force that comes to us and then moves on when we die?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 Feb 2012 20:27

Worldenterer1 wrote:I was hoping that you might be able to help me understand your statement better. I don't see how someone's conscious could exist once their brain has decomposed. All consciousness is the brains interpretarion of signals. No brain means no signals, therefore no consciousness. I am not a brain expert, but that is my own vague idea.

Peter wrote:a simple question that I cant answer.Does our existance create consiousness and when we die it dies with us or is our body and brain able to accept consiousness and so it populates us while we live and then moves on when we die.

I need to think about this for a while, good questions here. Maybe it's like windows, when you die your consciousness gets a message that says: Human Brain (not responding) :lol:
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 29 Feb 2012 21:09

Your conscious is based on your brain/thoughts, and if you are dead, your body stops functioning, leaving you to lose your physical body's conscious.
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

aamorim

Postby aamorim » 01 Mar 2012 01:55

I am a Jedi Warrior ... 8-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon

related movie...

http://www.themenwhostareatgoatsmovie.com/#home

... BTW nothing related to Freemasonry :lol:

[All the Best]
--Andre
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
--Carl Jung

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 09 Mar 2012 05:10

aamorim wrote:I am a Jedi Warrior ... 8-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon

related movie...

http://www.themenwhostareatgoatsmovie.com/#home

... BTW nothing related to Freemasonry :lol:

[All the Best]
--Andre

lol, I agree with you why join lesser evils like the masons or illuminati when there's a higher group :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGXVbIL745w&feature=related
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 24 Mar 2012 23:45

I an a Christian - catholic. But I'm not a diehard devoted christian or anything. I go to a catholic school and I believe in God - who loves every person in the world and who gave us the gift of freewill. I also most definitely don't follow the Christian faith based on fear or the fear of hell - I'm not even sure if I believe in such a thing as 'hell'.
Last edited by LucidKey13 on 26 Mar 2012 08:17, edited 1 time in total.
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

Jacob M S

Postby Jacob M S » 25 Mar 2012 18:41

I am christian but I can't say I'm strictly religious because really no one is. I believe that there is nothing bad about lucid dreaming as long as you don't use them to do sinful thongs.
Did I have a dream or did the dream have me?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Mar 2012 04:12

Jacob M S wrote:...as long as you don't use them to do sinful thongs.

I'm sorry, but actually I prefer the sinful thongs to regular thongs. :)
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

SuicideSilence

Postby SuicideSilence » 26 Mar 2012 09:25

To Be honest I'm an Atheist who believes in a higher power. The thought of existence coming from nothing is purely fictional that bends all physical laws. And even if there were a higher power, it leaves me with more question than if there weren't. I believe there is a higher power, not as a being with supernatural powers but just a creator who himself is trying to make sense of the world. So I don't think leaving our problems to a higher power is the best choice at hand.

And death, I believe is similar to a WILD. When you have an astral projection or an OBE your consciences wakes out of your body and this isn't anything magical as the Unified Field Theory in mechanics says that matter came into existence from a conscientiousness. Believe me its true! OBE's happen when our body and mind shuts off while our sub-conscience is still awake which is very similar to what happens when we die. So is it possible when we die our conscience wake's up and roams the world? Quiet bizarre, but its highly possible.

And a reason why there can't be a 'hell' or 'heaven' is cause if our conscience is sent to hell after death, it is illogical because hell is supposed to give us eternal pain but as your own experience when you have an astral projection your body can't feel pain. If you try to hold something you hand passes right through.
Source: Myself, I'm 16 from India :)

Jacob M S

Postby Jacob M S » 29 Mar 2012 23:27

NOOOOOOOOOOO CARSES!!!!! I meant things dang it not thongs. Why does the o have to be right next to the i?
Did I have a dream or did the dream have me?

Return to “Off-Topic”