Lucid dream: tried to find the silver thread or cord

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Lucid dream: tried to find the silver thread or cord

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 Feb 2012 17:20

After a week of frustration since the last LD, I finally was successful! I was so determined this time and finally got it! I had parked a large vehicle, either a large truck or a motorhome and was trying to get back into it but the key didn't work. I kept trying other keys and they didn't work either and then I noticed it was the wrong vehicle. At that point I didn't know where it was parked so I thought "This is strange, I better check to see if I'm dreaming" Looked at my hands and they were missing a finger and strange looking. "So that it explains it!" I thought, but managed to not get too excited (very difficult). Then immediately I'm inside of building. That is so totally cool how you can be transported to another place instantly! So I ask a dream character to tell me where I am. He takes out a map and patiently explains and shows me. "Midland Farm is here, and you are over here." I remember thinking to myself that I was going to look up where Midland Farm was after I woke up. Of course there are about a million places with that name! But it was really cool having that thought in the dream that I would look it up later. You really are separated from the dream in a way.

So then I remebered that I wanted to see if there was a thread that connects us to our source or at least if I could find it. I opened my hand and felt all around my body and nothing, then finally straight above my head I found a cord that felt like it was made of hair. I'm not sure whether I found my own hair or the cord, but I first felt it out and away from my head. I woke up shortly after so I don't know what it was, but I'm going to try again next time.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Sarah

Re: Lucid dream: tried to find the silver thread or cord

Postby Sarah » 29 Feb 2012 21:05

Wow grats! That sounds very adventurous and awesome (: I hope I get my first lucid dream soon! ><
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Peter

Postby Peter » 29 Feb 2012 21:43

great post, I dont always find the cord but have quite a few times so keep at it and very keen to hear your thoughts. I have held it maybe 3 or 4 times and can get it in my hand and pull a little of it in to play with and get a feel. I wont give anything away as it will be nice for you to have no pre conceptions for your own experiances
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Mar 2012 06:26

Peter wrote:great post, I dont always find the cord but have quite a few times so keep at it and very keen to hear your thoughts. I have held it maybe 3 or 4 times and can get it in my hand and pull a little of it in to play with and get a feel. I wont give anything away as it will be nice for you to have no pre conceptions for your own experiances

Thanks for not giving it away, I would prefer not to have any preconceived notions. I do think it would help if you tell me where to feel. My LDs are still very short so time is of the essence as they say.

I read an interesting article someone wrote about meeting what is refered to as the "grim reaper". We are all familiar with the classic interpretation which is someone with a sickle, but this person was surprised to find the reaper carried a pair of scissors instead. Kind of interesting.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 01 Mar 2012 20:34

The cord snipper - I had a random thought once to try to break the cord to see what would happen but decided against it. This was from within the dream and it was really tempting, after all we are only dreaming so what could go wrong ?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”