What happened here?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

What happened here?

Postby Nocturnal » 28 May 2011 05:22

I had several vivid dreams this morning. After about 2, I woke up and wrote them in my dream journal.

Later, I woke up to write another dream in my DJ, only to find nothing written in it. This means that I dreamed that I was writing in my DJ.

Has this happened to you?

It was kind of scary when I found this out, because I was convinced that I wrote in it before.

Re: What happened here?

Postby Dreamsphere » 29 May 2011 04:39

Did you check all the pages? If you were holding it upside down, you would have written in the back instead of the front. When i write in mine, somtimes i am ha,f asleep, hah. My writting is also horribly messy in there.
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 29 May 2011 07:54

Sounds like a false awakening..... :D

They can seem VERY real at the time. They are a very crazy phenomenon. You could figure it out now by thinking back to writing in your dream journal - do you specifically remember writing the words? In some vivid dreams I feel like I'm reading stuff. But then when I wake up I can't visualize the words - so it must have been a jumble or blur of letters but my dreaming mind just THOUGHT I was reading/writing.

PS False awakenings are more common in lucid dreamers, they represent the clashing of consciousness with dreams. Don't worry though they are harmless and often lead to more lucid dreams!

Postby SKJ » 29 May 2011 20:37

The first night after I decided to write down my dreams, I had a similar dream:

First I woke up (in reality) an wrote "Woke up with a felling that I dream something. Can't remember anything" on paper (I didn't have a journal). Then I went to sleep and had a false awaking, where I wrote down a dream. When I had wrote down that dream, I saw that I had wrote something at the bottom of the page, and though that I it was some dream I had wrote down, but that I couldn't remember that I had wrote down. I ripped the paper to pieces, so I could arrange the dreams in chronological order!

When I woke up after this, I could remember the dream I wrote down in the false awakening (Could you also remember the dreams you dreamt you wrote down, Nocturnal?). I could not remember that I had had the dream, or that I wrote in down. I think I could only remember the dream because I read it in my false awakening. I didn't remember ripping the paper either, but I only remember seeing the paper before and afterwards, and knowing why I ripped it apart.

I'm wondering: Did I really dream the dream I dreamt I wrote down?! And does that question even make sense?

Postby Nocturnal » 29 May 2011 20:50

At the time, I could remember what I wrote down, but unfortunately I did not actually write it down, so I dont remember! (if that made any sense!)... thats interesting though!

Postby Jonathan » 01 Jun 2011 04:26

SKJ, it sounds like you had a confusing flurry of dreams about dreams! :lol:

Postby jake » 04 Jun 2011 02:25

wow, so it was a dream within a dream witch came after an other dream.... I think i need to watch inception again now.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”