Found something I like as much as flying: Lucid Swimming

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Found something I like as much as flying: Lucid Swimming

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Mar 2012 17:46

I had the most incredible lucid dream this morning where I was swimming or rather floating around in a swimming pool. Unlike all of my other lucid dreams, I didn't just pop into the scene, but watched this one form out of nothing. I was aware that it was arising purely from a desire, not from my conscious thought process. My thoughts were separate and still going on, but not were not creating or controlling the dream. But I knew for sure that I was creating it.

So I went into the pool face down and looked into the sunlit water below with my head submerged. The undulating shades of blue and white color in water was just beautiful to watch. I wasn't aware that I was breathing or not while I was under the water. I just floated around, half submerged and face down, moving my arms gently through the water. The water was the perfect temperature and it felt so fantastic, so completely real! I just couldn't get over it. It was the most amazing thing I've ever done in a lucid dream. Every sensation of being in the water was absolutely prefect, it felt so wonderful, unimaginable. It was definitely better than the real thing, and I am serious. I remember thinking about whether my arms would be flailing around in bed while I was moving them in the water, but decided they wouldn't be. I kept thinking "I'm in bed right now sleeping, but no I'm not, I'm in a swimming pool swimming. This is crazy!"

I would highly recommend trying to do this in a lucid dream if you can. Nothing against flying, that's fun too, but the water was so wonderful and felt so healing.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jack Reacher

Re: Found something I like as much as flying: Lucid Swimming

Postby Jack Reacher » 01 Mar 2012 23:54

Il try it out next time im near a pool in an LD.

Something else I found fun is sand running. I remember just sprinting on the side of a massive sand dune, running faster than a plane or something and feeling the sand fall away under my feet. Also sprinting down a mountain is really fun, you lose your balance and you can jump and fall around but for some reason I never always manage to catch my balance, its like a perfectly executed tumble down a mountain without actually crashing.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 02 Mar 2012 00:41

Wow that sounds amazing!
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 02 Mar 2012 01:47

Sarah wrote:Wow that sounds amazing!

You're going to love when you have your first lucid dream, and of course every one after! The first one is special though and we will all try to tell you not to get too excited, but we know it's hard not to.

I've been thinking about this lucid dream all day now. You can't get them out of your mind sometimes. The whole thing is so crazy. I keep thinking: how can it be possible, it's just too real. You'll see what I mean. Knowing that you are in bed dreaming and yet having every sensation of doing something like swimming in a pool exactly like it would be if you were actually doing it. It's hard to understand, even after the experience. I just can't get over it!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Mar 2012 03:13

did you go diving in the sea and breathe underwater as well?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 02 Mar 2012 03:57

Peter wrote:did you go diving in the sea and breathe underwater as well?

I'm quite certain I was breathing underwater, but only in a swimming pool. Maybe I can graduate to the deep sea next.

Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Mar 2012 03:59

thats great, its sort of hard to do at first and I think helps in exploring all sorts of places
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 02 Mar 2012 04:03

Peter wrote:thats great, its sort of hard to do at first and I think helps in exploring all sorts of places

The feeling of the water is so incredible. I'm sorry if I keep sounding like a little child, but I am like one in this new world. I feel like I have been born into a new world.

Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Mar 2012 06:09

keep posting its great, the more I experiance the LD world the more I am blown away with it the simplest tasks seem to make it more profound, something like flying along a valley above a river on a summers day kept me glowing for weeks. Enjoy and let your passion inspire others

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 03 Mar 2012 17:32

This was my longest LD yet and the first time I thought a lot about my body being in bed sleeping during the dream. I was really having a hard time with the concept of moving my arms in the water because I was convinced that they would be moving in the bed because they were the same arms and I had complete control over their movements. I kept thinking how can I not be moving in bed right now? It just doesn't seem possible. It wasn't like being out-of-body, it was like having 2 distinct and separate bodies at the same time. I don't see how you can have lucid dreams and ever look at reality the same way again.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”