The Universe and Space

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: The Universe and Space

Postby HAGART » 02 Mar 2012 02:40

Why does there have to be anything at all?
Remember before you were born? It would be like that. Why isn't there nothingness forever?
That seems mind boggling, (but only now because we are alive and thinking.)
The fact that there is anything at all is the true mystery.

If the universe can exist without anything to perceive it, then there must be an infinite number of possible universes, that can only be imagined until perceived. Which is possible. But if there was never any life or consciousness to perceive anything in the first place we would not be having this discussion and the universe, for all intense and purposes, would not exist.

This one of those topics where we will never have a unanimous agreement. There are as many theories about this universe as there are those who perceive it. And even my own theories change......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Mar 2012 02:49

I have another thing to add.

Everything that happens in the universe is for a reason of some sort. Why does a star form, or a planet or atoms? There is always a reason whether we know it or not, and it has to do with the balance of energy and matter in the universe.

So therefore, I believe that life too is for a reason. It is inevitable. For some reason, LIFE MUST EXIST AND I BET THIS UNIVERSE IS TEEMING WITH IT. But why... I cannot answer.

Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Mar 2012 03:08

i dont think life has to exist at all and that we me be the exception and nothing more than a mistake or such an odd form of life that we are alone at least in the physcial sense and that life may be more of energy than reality as we like to think of it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 02 Mar 2012 19:16

Wow o.o I never thought of that but science stuff like this makes me so .. @.@ Gahh. I just don't understand life.
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Mar 2012 22:56

Just enjoy life and thats a pretty good start to understanding
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Gary8847

Postby Gary8847 » 03 Mar 2012 09:25

If there are intelligent life forms out there. They are staying clear of us crazy peole of Earth. After all, how many megatons is our best bomb? 50 megatons, I think it was. The last three the USA set off you could set your watch by. Blow a bomb up and a week later, have a earthquake. Korea did the same thing not to long ago.
We're crazy I tell ya...

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 03 Mar 2012 13:57

HAGART wrote:It wouldn't exist! It would be for all intense and purposes, be nothing.

But why does it appear the way it does? We can zoom into and out of this fractal we call the universe forever as long as there is something to perceive, and our brains are perception machines and quite good at finding something in nothing.

I don't understand what you're saying. Do you mean that if there happened to be a nuclear war today, and all life on earth was killed, that the universe would not exist? I'm not trying to prove your idea wrong, I just want to have a better understanding of it.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 03 Mar 2012 20:29

Peter wrote:Just enjoy life and thats a pretty good start to understanding

Haha yeah :D Enjoy life.

But it's like, um no cure for cancer.

20 years later; Cure For Cancer. The world is just messed up like that o:
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Mar 2012 21:32

Worldenterer1 wrote:
HAGART wrote:It wouldn't exist! It would be for all intense and purposes, be nothing.

But why does it appear the way it does? We can zoom into and out of this fractal we call the universe forever as long as there is something to perceive, and our brains are perception machines and quite good at finding something in nothing.

I don't understand what you're saying. Do you mean that if there happened to be a nuclear war today, and all life on earth was killed, that the universe would not exist? I'm not trying to prove your idea wrong, I just want to have a better understanding of it.

If you are talking to me... I never said anything about nuclear bombs.

Why does there have to be life at all in this universe?
If there was no life at all ever in the universe... no such idea... not even a possibility... then it can't be perceived and there would be nobody to say that it exists.

But there is life for some reason and it is not a fluke. Perhaps this universe needs life to perceive it.
I have no proof so this is not science; just philosophy and dreaming.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 03 Mar 2012 22:38

I know you didnt mention nukes, he was just using it as an example to illustrate a point. But what about my point earlier, the universe existed before life existed right?

Think about it the universe existed before the earth was created. If it didnt, then how would the earth be able to form? How would life even be able to start? It cant if it doesnt exist.

Same with discovering new planets, it would be impossible to discover a new planet because it doesnt exist if we cant perceive it. Its not like it suddenly comes into existance when we look at it.

Basically just because no one is around to say something exists doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Return to “Off-Topic”