Time for an Introduction

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Time for an Introduction

Postby sunnyDee » 02 Mar 2012 16:44

Hey, im new to this site and wanted to introduce myself and share my story.
So ive known about Lucid dreaming for a very long time but never really cared about actively trying.
Ive only had one ludic dream (that i can remember) I realized while flying that i was dreaming.. when i knew i was dreaming and actually tried to "conciously" fly i couldnt get off the ground and woke up shortly after.
This dream was roughly 7 years ago...

After recently doing research thinking i was having seizures in bed... i found out i was experiencing sleep paralysis..
It happens a few times a month...after a loud "bang" that seems like it wakes me up, and i lay there pulsing...feeling terrified..unable to move.
I usually just take deep breaths...close my eyes and go back to sleep.

Ive recently decided i want to actively try to lucid dream and have been doing a reality check (i have a small letter "A" on my hand to remind myself though out the day to ask myself "am i dreaming?") for the last 2 days.

This morning after falling back asleep, i actually did it... i remembered while dreaming to ask myself "am i dreaming". I realized i was and felt a huge rush of excitement everything went white and sparkly and my daughter hit me in the face with a toy... woken up.. :cry:

I realized i have no one to talk to about these experiences.. and well found myself here.. so Hello!
I would love to hear others opinions on how i've been doing, and what i can do to improve.. especially on possibly utilizing the sleep paralysis to lucid dream.

Re: Time for an Introduction

Postby Chrispy » 02 Mar 2012 17:21

Thanks for sharing! Welcome to the boards! :D
There is no spoon.

Postby Sarah » 02 Mar 2012 19:06

Hello and welcome! (: I hope you find all of your answers to your problems here!
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Postby Sir_Serix » 02 Mar 2012 19:50

Welcome! Seem like we both started doing this the same day ;)

Return to “For Beginners”