Dreaming while meditating

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Ludwig

Dreaming while meditating

Postby Ludwig » 07 Mar 2012 02:02

I'm a veteran meditator, for over thirty-years. Just two weeks ago, in my usual conscious-but-unconscious meditation state, I began having and remembering a dream. These dreams are in a class by themselves, and have a very different sense and content from my normal sleep dreams. I thought it might be a fluke, but it's happened during every meditation since; average med, 1½ hours, twice daily. I don't mind it, and find it rather intriguing; if heavy, and relatively difficult to come out of. But since what I'm describing seems to be the opposite of a lucid dream, I haven't found anything online about it. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

PS~Also, I'm well-accustomed to one and sometimes as much as four hours of missing time in my mediations, although I remain conscious and aware of everything around me; traffic noises, birds, neighbors, etc.

Thx

Mystified in Mayberry

lucidinthe sky

Re: Dreaming while meditating

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Mar 2012 02:07

More details about specifically what happens during your meditations would help.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”