Questions for Rebecca

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
TheSilentOne

Re: Questions for Rebecca

Postby TheSilentOne » 03 Mar 2012 00:59

Hi Rebecca,
I'm kinda new to lucid dreaming, but I just had a question about a couple of the terms I've read on this website.
You talk about lucid dreaming intentions in one article, and I understand how setting an intention can help maintain an LD, but how is that any different from dream visualisation?
Just wondering. Cuz the terms kinda confused me. :D

ThePower

Postby ThePower » 04 Mar 2012 15:48

Hi Rebecca!

I had my first Lucid dream tonight (Kind of) what happened was that in my dream I partially felt myself in the real world and my dream movements were hindered by it (I felt my arms by my side and that I was laying down, only I felt it in the dream) so in my dream my mind was weird-ed out by that and when I tried to lift up my arms I couldn't. after some strain and kind of shifting between both bodies (it was a weird experience) I managed to be able to lift up my arms in the dream and when I looked at them they were almost see through and I couldn't focus on them. This triggered my mind to think hey! i'm dreaming! but that thought lasted only a few seconds and the only thing left in my head was the thought that I could do whatever I wanted (The correlation between dreaming and doing what I wanted in the dream must have carried over)but nothing was clear or vivid it was all foggy. I think that means I was only partially lucid. Anyways, I looked out a window and it was a blizzard and I wanted it to be a tropical landscape with an ocean outside so I turned around and looked back at the window and suddenly it was a tropic landscape with a nice beach and a huge ocean! I decided to fly out the window (because I could do what I wanted) but I couldn't I just stood there but then I thought about the window breaking so I could fly through it and suddenly it cracked open and when I looked out at the sky suddenly I was flying upwards and towards it! but as I was flying I felt my normal (sleeping) body starting to almost take over (my arms were stuck again) it took some effort but I managed to focus back onto my flying dream self but everything after that is extra fuzzy and I had no control over any of the rest of the dream (I think I just went back to normal dreaming) but (and I'm sorry for rambling about my dream like that) but I've read a lot of your articles and liked all the advice you had for beginners and I was really just wondering how to be able to not have everything be all fuzzy and more clear (I know you've said rubbing your hands together can help but that didn't come to mind while I was dreaming, I don't think I was completely conscious during the dream but I don't know how to fix that.) but I was also wondering how to not become overly conscious so that I wake up and go into my normal body (I think that's what was happening when I felt my actual body in the dream)

Gibbie

Postby Gibbie » 06 Mar 2012 18:40

Hi there i am new to this lucid dreaming thing or not ... i don't know. But here's what i've been experiencing since i was very very young. I was walking and out of the blue this memory just appeared. and thinking"Hey i have been here before i dreamt this before...". The same situation the same air the same in everything. it's like the exact thing happen twice and i know it! I dreamt! and i am positive that i've dreamt it long in the past. I told people about it but they said it was just a dejavu. I am positive that it is not dejavu. I am 100% positive that i dreamt this situation before. I know i've dreamt it but i can't seems to recall when i dreamt it. i've told a friend of my about this and he is the only person until today that i think he understands me. So he told me that everytime i dream i should write down. But the fear that i have right is that if i do write down. it will not happen in the future. So i just leave it and let it forget and it do happen. So what i am experienced it is a lucid dream or just a dejavu? i am pretty sure it is not dejavu... but i still can't find the right words.... btw while i am typing this post([dejavu... but]- that part triggers the "thing" ) i just experienced that "thing" again. If i recall i had this same dream about 3 months ago. So is this what i'm experiencing is lucid dreaming or what? I am very curious to find out what is it.

I am sorry for bad English i am from Asia(currently at Singapore) so English isn't my first language. If you want to know more please do reply. Or you can just reply at my post:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1164

I am sorry that i posted this twice in this forum. But i want to know what are your opinion and other's point of view. Thanks :)

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 07 Mar 2012 22:14

Ive had several dreams where I thought to do a reality check but I was not able to have the conscious willpower in the dream to get myself to push my fingers through my hand. Are there different levels of consciousness in a dream? If there is, then how can I heighten this?
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 07 Mar 2012 22:26

From your description of dreams, all the examples involved you being able to see yourself or it being more vivid whereas my dreams are vague. If I ever see any person in a dream, Ive never actually looked directly at the person. I just knew it was them. Things seem far off so there is little chance of a DILD, or MILD. Any suggestions?
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

brenden

Postby brenden » 08 Mar 2012 11:46

i have a question it is that i keep trying the wild technique everynight and in that i am able to reach the hynogia(i know the spelling is wrong :P) stage but im not able to hold it for long it just keeps slipping away i would very much want to have my first lucid dream so thats why any solution?

Brandons

Postby Brandons » 09 Mar 2012 07:25

Hi Rebecca, I've only lucid dreamt a couple times, but its very hard for me to not wake up when I am in them. I usually fall and wake up or something usually wakes me up and sometimes I try doing things once I know I am lucid dreaming like making things appear out of nowhere and it doesn't happen. Do you have any advice as to why this may be happening?

SuicideSilence

Postby SuicideSilence » 12 Mar 2012 12:41

Hey Rebecca,
So I told my friend about lucid dreaming and what he told me was that he dreams like that every night.
but I find it really hard to believe, he tells me his dreams seem very real and vivid and that he can do anything he wants. And he told me that he thought that's how dreams are for everyone. Is it actually possible for it to be true? Were both of the same age,16.
And to myself I just got into lucid dreaming and I have 2 records of dreams in my journal. When I wake up in the morning I remember just parts of dreams like I'm in one place now and the next instant I'm somewhere else. And the when I try recalling the whole 'scene' It a lot like the whole dream is played in 'fast forward' in my head. Any help?

Doctorjuice

Postby Doctorjuice » 13 Mar 2012 20:00

About 60% of the dreams I've written down have occurred in the middle of the night. If I decide to just fall back asleep, I will often forget these dreams. Thus, every time I decide to just sleep through the night, I remember significantly less dreams, and it's not uncommon for me to wake up and not be able to write down any dreams when I've slept through the night. Also, my dreams are still pretty foggy after 5 weeks of keeping a journal. How can I increase my dream recall?

Chackøwsky

Postby Chackøwsky » 14 Mar 2012 22:35

Hi Rebecca,
I am new to Lucid Dreaming, I have only been working on dream recall for about two weeks. Things are going slower than I thought, I only have 9 dreams recorded out of 14 days. I was wondering if this was actually a good start or if I should do anything to boost dream recall with supplements. Also, how many dreams should you have recorded before you should start any techniques for Lucid Dreaming?

Thanks
"All is the Nightmare! How I have waited for his... trapped so long in darkness beneath the waves, waiting and growing in strength with its guidance... growing until the time was right. Now the Emerald Dream has become the Emerald Nightmare!"

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”