Introduction

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LuridLassitude

Introduction

Postby LuridLassitude » 08 Mar 2012 19:38

Hello everyone, I guess I should start out by telling you all, that I am somewhat of a lurker. I usually don't sign up for forums, but just try to find my answers from what's already been posted. It might be a result of me suffering somewhat from social anxiety, even over the internet. :?

Well, long story short, I didn't find any answer which I felt really satisfied about, and since it's such a personal journey, I might as well try being an active part of it myself. I mean, hey, it could even be fun, right? :)

I do have a single question here; I once had this interesting experience. As any other day, I was going to sleep, just lying there for some time, caught in thought. But at one point - before knowing about LD, I described it as knowing my body had fallen asleep, but "I" hadn't - I got this feeling, and I wasn't sure what was about to happen. Barely a second passed between the realization and the effects of it; I couldn't move at all, my vision (My eyes were closed, and I couldn't open them) turned completely white, and I began hearing this sound, it very much had the sound of tinnitus. I panicked as both the sound got higher and what I saw was becoming brighter and brighter. I finally moved one of my arms just slightly and broke out of it completely, going back to sleep more or less terrified.

To me it sounds pretty much like SP, but I've never read anyone describing everything turning white. Was I about to get into a dream? Was it HI? Or am I completely off? Any insight on this would be great.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Introduction

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Mar 2012 03:57

Sounds like you were going down the runway to a WILD. Look up information on the WILD process and you will see a lot of things that sound familiar to what you described. Aftre reading up on WILD, try to do this again and try to hang on a little longer, maybe you could end up in a lucid dream. If you haven't had that experience, all of us here on this forum would recommend you try it. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LuridLassitude

Re: Introduction

Postby LuridLassitude » 09 Mar 2012 04:27

I see. Actually I tried doing the exact same process many times after that, it never worked out though. I guess it was just too accidental.

On another note, I've actually been trying my luck with WILD for the last 4-5 days. But I have a real problem when it comes to seeing hypnagogic imagery, is it something you develop over time, or should I be able to do it naturally? The last couple of days I've begun to see noise whenever I close my eyes, is that some kind of progress?

Return to “For Beginners”