How realistic is inception dream time

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

How realistic is inception dream time

Postby Ikamon357 » 09 Mar 2012 01:29

In their warehouse, Cobb claims a dream hour is equivalent to five real minutes. Is this true?
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.

lucidinthe sky

Re: How realistic is inception dream time

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Mar 2012 02:51

No, Laberge has pretty proven that your concept of time during a dream is very close to the actual time. My experince matches this, I have had enough times when I looked at the clock before LD and after which matched my perception of elapsed time. If there's a difference is not neraly that much. This idea worked well for the movie, but is not based on reality.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Re: How realistic is inception dream time

Postby Peter » 10 Mar 2012 10:06

Same, with WILD I have a good idea of when I get into the dream and pull myself out at times if feel it has been too long and are pretty good at getting the time right
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”