First, but I may be wrong

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
gwlundin

First, but I may be wrong

Postby gwlundin » 10 Mar 2012 05:31

I remember standing behind a window looking at a beach, then I automatically do a reality check without thinking about it, pushing my fingers through my hand, and I remember feeling it, and I start to freak out a little bit, and I think I realize I'm dreaming because I then rub my hands together and spin around, but when I spin around I get transported to the floor of a classroom. I don't remember anything after that though. So I'm not sure if it was a lucid dream or if I was dreaming that I did a reality check and became lucid... is that even possible? And if I did become lucid, why do I not remember anything after the classroom?

This was a DILD if it even was one.

Any explanation would help, that was my first "lucid" dream, but I couldn't decide whether it was one or not.

Peter

Re: First, but I may be wrong

Postby Peter » 10 Mar 2012 07:24

sounds about right for a LD if you were aware enough to do the RC and get the result that you did
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

gwlundin

Postby gwlundin » 10 Mar 2012 16:54

yeah, but i did it without thinking about whether i was dreaming or not. as well as the focusing, i wasn't thinking about whether or not i was dreaming, i just did it

DreamSailing

Postby DreamSailing » 11 Mar 2012 19:38

hmmm i have had a few of those, it may have been a semi lucid dream where you are only partly lucid but not enough to be fully aware. just keep consistent with the reality checks, dream journaling and whatever other methods your using and you will soon have much long and vivid lucid dreams :)
Reality is a lovely place, but i wouldn't want to live there
~Owl City, in the song The Real World

gwlundin

Postby gwlundin » 11 Mar 2012 19:41

mmk thanks for the help

Return to “For Beginners”