The Universe and Space

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
James

Re: The Universe and Space

Postby James » 09 Mar 2012 09:08

Well light is the fastest known thing, so if they dont see it will take even longer!
Was it worth it?

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Mar 2012 20:57

yes for now light is the limit

. What I think is that when most people describe or talk about aliens they are in fact talking about a species or form of life that is more like us that not as at some point everything comes back to a view from one of the senses that we have
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Gary8847

Postby Gary8847 » 10 Mar 2012 10:20

Before we work on an engine to go light speed. We need to develope an ultimate space suite. This suite must be able transform the human body into a digital format for long term storage. The cognition of the person must be stored in the cpu of the suite. And must take the place of the human body.
After all, even at light speed. A trip to the stars with planets will take a hundred years or more. Then must consider that planet(s) might not be suited for human survival. Which means the person would have to light in his suite. That is, till he/she can terra-form the planet.

James

Postby James » 10 Mar 2012 11:06

Gary8847 wrote:Before we work on an engine to go light speed. We need to develope an ultimate space suite. This suite must be able transform the human body into a digital format for long term storage. The cognition of the person must be stored in the cpu of the suite. And must take the place of the human body.
After all, even at light speed. A trip to the stars with planets will take a hundred years or more. Then must consider that planet(s) might not be suited for human survival. Which means the person would have to light in his suite. That is, till he/she can terra-form the planet.

Andromeda is 2.6million light years away..... Much more than 100 ;)
Was it worth it?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Mar 2012 12:34

James wrote:Andromeda is 2.6million light years away..... Much more than 100

There are quite a few stars in our own galaxy that are less 100 light years away. Personally, I don't think we'll ever get even close to the speed of light because the energy required. It takes a lot of energy just to accelerate heavy particles like protons up to 60 or 70% of the speed of light.

Maybe we can visit these places without taking our bodies along for the ride in virtual reality machines of some kind.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Gary8847

Postby Gary8847 » 10 Mar 2012 18:06

I can not say I know how much energy it would take to accelerate to light speed. Our best engine is the Ion engine. But the acceleration curve would have to be so slow that by the time you got to that speed. Your grandchildren would have grown children.

But if you can seperate the mind/soul from the human body. I don't know if travel would be a matter of speed or just thinking of where you want to be. It is said that we just use maybe 10% of our total mental power. And that would be a very smart person. So this might be within our grasp, just a matter of figuring out how to do these things.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Mar 2012 18:25

Gary8847 wrote:But if you can seperate the mind/soul from the human body. I don't know if travel would be a matter of speed or just thinking of where you want to be. It is said that we just use maybe 10% of our total mental power. And that would be a very smart person. So this might be within our grasp, just a matter of figuring out how to do these things.

I think we will figure out how to do this, long before we have the capablity to move our bodies somewhere in deep space. We think about travelling at speeds approaching that of light as possible and even this is extremely difficult, probably impossible. But the reality is that we would really have to be able to travel at speeds that are several times greater than the speed of light since at the speed at light we could only reach a handful of stars and return in one human life or even a few generations of human life (even more problems doing that).

I believe that our consciousness is separate from our body and actually doesn't even reside in our bodies. But thinking about lucid dreams, that is such a great example to me of "virtual reality". It's almost impossible to tell the difference between a lucid dream reality and actual reality. So we already have the ability within us to create this virtual reality. I think eventually humans will perfect some kind of device that allows us to acheive a near perfect virtually reality that can be controlled and this will be used for all kinds of things. There will need to be a general accepetance that "virtual is real" and this will take some time, but eventually after enough experience in these simulations, it will happen. Travelling at that point would only be a matter of inputing the correct information into the simulation process, then we travel to actual places without the need to move our bodies anywhere. Now of course one could argue that you aren't really traveling there physically, but why is that important? To have any real value, physical reality must translate at some point into experiential reality anyway so if you can have the exact same experiences as being there, to me they are the same. The difference is philosophical.

Anyway, something to think about.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Gary8847

Postby Gary8847 » 12 Mar 2012 19:34

I also believe that we humans are dual life forms. This human body acts much like a bandaid to restrict us. From what, I do not know. I don't believe that death is the end of us but is just a step in life that we all must take.
As for this waking world, I've seen things that make me question how real it really is. Could our dream world be the real world and this be the dream?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Mar 2012 19:57

Gary8847 wrote:As for this waking world, I've seen things that make me question how real it really is. Could our dream world be the real world and this be the dream?

I was asking myself this same question within the last day or two. I think it's really possible that the dream world is a more true representation of "reality" because as you said we have the limitations in our human form, but not in dreams. Our physical restricted reality doesn't represent our spirit nature which has no such limits or at least if there are limits, they are far beyond what we have here. (at least this is what I believe).

I also believe that we made this world together collectively with it's challenges and limitations for the purpose of growth. We are growing our capability to create or manifest (better word) realities as we do in dreams and we will use these abilities to manifest the "next" realities after this life as collective projects with like-minded spirits.

If we had total access to the information field as I believe we will, couple that with virtual reality capability and you do whatever you want or go wherever you want, experience whatever you want, etc. You want it real, you got it and more probably more "real" than we could ever experience here. I know this is pretty far out there, but it's also a pretty simple concept.

I was wondering, have you been able to spend any time exploring the lucid dream reality? I spend most of my time in my lucid dreams studying the environment which is just fascinating and amazing. My last LD was swimming in a swimming pool and I don't think I'll ever get over how real it was, accept for the fact that I was breathing under water.

Return to “Off-Topic”