Does adolecense hold back the ability to meditate?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ikamon357

Does adolecense hold back the ability to meditate?

Postby Ikamon357 » 07 Mar 2012 03:30

Ive read from a different site that brains may not be mature enough to be able to go into a meditative state or even be affected by binaural beats. Ive tried to lucid dream for two months now without success and have not stopped writing down my dream or stopped doing any other commitment. The only things I havent been able to do are (successful) self hypnosis and meditation. I have a very long patience so I was wondering if it was my age holding me back.
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Does adolecense hold back the ability to meditate?

Postby Rebecca » 07 Mar 2012 07:10

How old are you?

Lots of children lucid dream naturally (at least from the age of 4 or 5 as one lucid dreamer recalls). People who lucid dream as children tend to remain lucid dreamers into adulthood. You can ask them if they control their dreams; it is perfectly natural to them, they just don't necessarily call it "lucid dreaming" because many don't even realize what they're doing is special or different! Personally I learned to lucid dream at age 14 but there is nothing significant about this age, it's just when I happened to discover it.

Some evidence suggests children find it easier to lucid dream than adults. Children are more prone to day dreaming and have less ingrained "rules" about reality, helping them flick between self-awareness in dreams and waking reality much more readily. As a teenager, you should be just as well primed to start lucid dreaming and there is nothing about the supposed immaturity of your brain preventing you from doing so.

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 07 Mar 2012 23:45

Ive just turned thirteen in december. I dont completely understand what you mean by applying your writen down dreams to lucid dream. Does it have any more purpose than dream recollection?
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 11 Mar 2012 08:44

Ikamon357 wrote:Ive read from a different site that brains may not be mature enough to be able to go into a meditative state or even be affected by binaural beats. Ive tried to lucid dream for two months now without success and have not stopped writing down my dream or stopped doing any other commitment. The only things I havent been able to do are (successful) self hypnosis and meditation. I have a very long patience so I was wondering if it was my age holding me back.

I'm 18, I've been meditating for 3 or 4 years, and although I am not pro, I have a level of success that I can be proud of. So although technically I'm an adult, I could meditate when I was 15 as well so I'm going to assume that as long as you are focused, you can meditate and get into that state of being.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”