Confusion about Sleep Paralysis

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
TheSilentOne

Confusion about Sleep Paralysis

Postby TheSilentOne » 08 Mar 2012 23:29

Hi all :D
I've got a question that's been irking me for a while, and I really want to know the answer, because last night I had my first taste of waking sleep paralysis.

Okay so, what is the exact link between waking sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming? I understand that the mind stays awake while the body is asleep, but then what? I don't get how you go from a waking state to a dream state while the mind is 100% conscious of things.
Is there something I'm missing or does it just sorta happen?

Please help, this is a massive step for me in lucid dreaming and I really want to know how to make it work. Thanks :)

Peter

Re: Confusion about Sleep Paralysis

Postby Peter » 10 Mar 2012 10:08

SP is a state that you will sometimes experience in a WILD attempt. it is a natural event that you may or may not experience but quite normal, you are just not aware of it most of the time.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

James

Postby James » 10 Mar 2012 11:13

From what ive read, you can wild without SP, but you will probably jerk your leg and wake up. I think you have to watch the HI and let it draw your attention away to the physical body. Then you start inducing your sences until its realistic. This is based upon what ive read
Was it worth it?

TheSilentOne

Postby TheSilentOne » 10 Mar 2012 13:22

Just trying to think which article on this site I read it in.
But basically some of them talk about inducing sleep paralysis which leads to LD's and 100% dream recall.
But I'm confused as to how waking sleep paralysis can lead into a LD while your mind is still awake?

Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Mar 2012 22:59

you don't induce SP as its something that happens or not. I see a lot of posts about this must happen and that must happen but really from waking reality to awareness in the dream world there are lots of things that you might or might not experience and it can be different each time. Also WILD is the hardest of the lot as a means to induce a LD and really no better as the end result for any method is a LD and how you get there is not important
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 11 Mar 2012 17:34

First off, if you got the the WILD section of the website, it will explain in detail how to get from SP to a LD. But here's the jist of it. When you drop off into SP, this is when you start paying attention to the HI. The first thing your going to want to do is separate your conscious mind from your physical body. After you successfully do this, this is when the induction methods come into play. For example trying to paint a scene, hearing music, feeling of walking, etc.. Whatever it is that will work best for you. When you can learn to start to create the dreaming state in front of you, all you have to do is pay attention. Eventually you will be sucked into the dream and, voila! You are now in a LD.
Here is the link to the WILD section. http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”