Music in Dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Chackøwsky

Music in Dreams

Postby Chackøwsky » 13 Mar 2012 23:19

Hello, my name is Taylor and I was wondering if you can listen to music while going to sleep and still have a LD (Lucid Dream)? Also, if you can, can different types of music trigger different kinds of dreams? I am interested to find out if this is possible!

Thanks!
"All is the Nightmare! How I have waited for his... trapped so long in darkness beneath the waves, waiting and growing in strength with its guidance... growing until the time was right. Now the Emerald Dream has become the Emerald Nightmare!"

Snaggle

Re: Music in Dreams

Postby Snaggle » 14 Mar 2012 07:07

Yes and yes. Anything happening to ones body or going on around it can inspire dreams.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 14 Mar 2012 21:03

Whoa! Your saying if I fall asleep listening to The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, I'll hear them in my dream? Cause that'd rock!
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

zebrafriek1

Postby zebrafriek1 » 14 Mar 2012 22:41

The theory is that if you are stressed going to sleep, you have nightmares and if you are relaxed, you have nice dreams. I believe if you listen to music beforehand you might hear it in your dream because that has happened to me. I was listening to iron maiden's wrathchild and watched them perform it in my dreams. btw that was a great dream!

Chackøwsky

Postby Chackøwsky » 15 Mar 2012 22:33

Thanks! It did work, I was listening to Zelda music while going to bed and had dreams about the game!
"All is the Nightmare! How I have waited for his... trapped so long in darkness beneath the waves, waiting and growing in strength with its guidance... growing until the time was right. Now the Emerald Dream has become the Emerald Nightmare!"

Return to “For Beginners”