Two handed reality check: Volunteers requested

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Two handed reality check: Volunteers requested

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Mar 2012 02:20

So far I've managed to single-handedly test reality with success, but after a recent failure, I'm trying a new RC where I use two hands and compare them to each other as opposed to the single-handed RC. I thought of doing this today because it seems like it would be more reliable than the one handed test which I've used successfully so far, except one time (and that worries me).

For those who use RCs, has anyone tried and had success with this? Also, would anyone who hasn't tried it like to volunteer to try it? I will report back on my success or failure and would appreciate any experience based information. Thanks ahead.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Re: Two handed reality check: Volunteers requested

Postby Peter » 07 Mar 2012 02:31

I quite often look at both hands as part of the RC, I will hold them up and study them
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Mar 2012 03:31

One time I looked at my left hand and it was perfectly normal. (In retrospect it probably wasn't but it was normal enough for me at the time.) Then I looked at my right hand. My pinky finger was gnarled and twisted, but even that didn't give me the 'aha moment'. I just assumed I had an accident. I can be fooled easily in a dream. I had to use telekenisis and move objects with my mind before I realized I was dreaming. Moving things with my mind is my reality check of choice, but even that fails sometimes.

For me, (and most I assume,) there is no one reality check that works consistently.

And sometimes my hands look perfectly normal.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DreamSailing

Postby DreamSailing » 11 Mar 2012 20:56

i didn't want to but it stuck, my RCs are done by looking at a clock. i think i should try looking at my hands though that sounds much more reliable just in case im not anywhere near a clock :)
Reality is a lovely place, but i wouldn't want to live there
~Owl City, in the song The Real World

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Mar 2012 23:35

Hands are always there so that's why I use them.

What I'm doing now is putting my 2 hands out in front of me and matching the fingers together, feeling each finger on finger of the two hands and comparing details of each hand with the other. This should be more reliable, but I still haven't gone lucid since starting this.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

DreamSailing

Postby DreamSailing » 11 Mar 2012 23:55

well i will try this now instead of looking at a clock. it may take me a few days though, but if it works i will get back to you :) it sounds like a good idea.
Reality is a lovely place, but i wouldn't want to live there
~Owl City, in the song The Real World

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 12 Mar 2012 23:14

Left hand had 3 fingers, right hand had like 10. It was really freakin weird. I already was in the middle of a lucid dream but a dream character taking the form of my father was trying to persuade me that it was not a dream. So I did a reality check to make sure. As soon as he saw my 13 fingered discover, my dream father quickly walked away.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Mar 2012 04:11

KylePK wrote:Left hand had 3 fingers, right hand had like 10. It was really freakin weird.

This is a complete failure of the finger symmetry test!

KylePK wrote:So I did a reality check to make sure. As soon as he saw my 13 fingered discover, my dream father quickly walked away.

That makes sense, get the heck of out of there when you've been exposed!

So do you think this is a useful RC?

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 14 Mar 2012 05:07

lucidinthe sky wrote:
KylePK wrote:Left hand had 3 fingers, right hand had like 10. It was really freakin weird.

This is a complete failure of the finger symmetry test!

KylePK wrote:So I did a reality check to make sure. As soon as he saw my 13 fingered discover, my dream father quickly walked away.

That makes sense, get the heck of out of there when you've been exposed!

So do you think this is a useful RC?

Whats the finger symmetry test? A type of RC? Cause if so, didn't it succeed in showing me I was truly dreaming? Also, why should I get out of the area after being exposed? I just find it interesting, as I have had 1 lucid dream and 1 interesting dream character experience. Yes, I think it is a very useful RC because by looking at both hands at the same time, I feel like your odds of seeing something inaccurate to prompt you that you're dreaming is at least 50% greater.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”