It's been 3 months! :(

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Enter_DreamS

It's been 3 months! :(

Postby Enter_DreamS » 14 Mar 2012 10:56

After going through my dream journal the other day, I came to realise I've been trying to Lucid dream for almost 3 months and still no result!

My stupid brain never remembers to reality check in a dream, even with the weirdest things I remember writing down! Even one time I remembered seeing a sign and the text was moving, how I did not know to reality check then is just beyond me.

I've been focusing mainly on 2 reality checks, but they don't seem to be working. It's gotten to the point where I lack motivation to do them, and to attempt lucid dreaming in general. One possibility is that maybe my mind is being too distracted by other thoughts, I'm a writer who also focuses on the erotic genre of writing :oops: and maybe because I'm focused so much on that it's preventing me from Lucid dreaming.

I have no idea what's going on, I don't want to give up but it's very difficult, especially because I'm 19 and everyone I know that can Lucid dream is younger than me, so obviously age is also a factor. Please help me out! :(
It's over.

Threethumb

Re: It's been 3 months! :(

Postby Threethumb » 14 Mar 2012 11:04

I haven't been able to myself, but I think it might have something to do with your mental blocks. I think you keep telling yourself that you should have hard time doing it because as you said "everyone I know that can Lucid dream is younger than me, so obviously age is also a factor."

I don't believe age plays any part at all in whether or not you are able to lucid dream! I think that to get results you must stop seeing all the obstacles and rather see the positive results. You are slowly teaching your brain, and the fact that you noticed and remember the moving text means you are definitely improving. It means you are able to do this, you just have to realize it and believe you can actually do it. Because you CAN do it, and you WILL do it as long as you don't give up hope, never doubt yourself and keep trying!

Good luck onwards!
I come to you with only empty hands, I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honour, should it be a matter of life and death, of right or wrong, then here are my weapons, my empty hands.

Enter_DreamS

Postby Enter_DreamS » 14 Mar 2012 11:17

Thanks for the reply, that was a very positive insight! I admit I'm a bit of a pessimist in general. I need to think more positively about it! :D
It's over.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Mar 2012 17:50

Believing you can do it is a big part of your success, especially since dreams really are a reflection of what we believe.

I don't think age has anything to do with it. I'm 55, and have never had a lucid dream until last year. My lucid dreams are absolutely incredible in terms of how perfectly real they are, mind-blowing really. I don't know if age/experience is a factor in that.

It's certainly not an easy thing for me to do. I don't consider 3 months very long, but that might be an age thing too. It took me more like 6 months and I still have dry spells that can last a month.

For RCs I would recommend putting both hands in front of and comparing them while asking yourself if you are dreaming. Do this 10 times a day. Let us know what happens. Good luck and don't give up!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

RosenVitae

Postby RosenVitae » 16 Mar 2012 13:10

How often do/did you reality check? The more often one thinks of it and performs them, the greater the chance of it happening during a dream. If you fail to induce lucidity after 10 reality checks in dreams, you could start wondering. 1 time is just not enough :)

I used to reality check 1-20+ times an hour, whenever the thought came to me.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

Enter_DreamS

Postby Enter_DreamS » 20 Mar 2012 13:45

RosenVitae wrote:How often do/did you reality check? The more often one thinks of it and performs them, the greater the chance of it happening during a dream. If you fail to induce lucidity after 10 reality checks in dreams, you could start wondering. 1 time is just not enough :)

I used to reality check 1-20+ times an hour, whenever the thought came to me.

The problem is I barely remember to do them. It's like trying to break in a new habit! Plus I get a little thrown off from doing them when it doesn't happen in my dream. But I realise if I don't do them it's not likely to happen.

I still think about lucid dreaming but I really should be remembering reality checks! I need tips to help me remember!
It's over.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 20 Mar 2012 17:20

Like I've told other people who are frustrated in other posts, DON'T GIVE UP! :D Lucid dreaming takes patience and perseverance. Also, as I have told other people, try taking a break. A common mistake with beginners is that they are trying too hard, which creates a mental block, which only leads to more frustration. Its a vicious circle. And ask yourself this, when you do a reality check, are you REALLY questioning whether this is a dream or not? And don't just look around for a second to see if something weird is happening and then say no, examine your surroundings, notice the vibrant colors, sharp angles, clear sounds and smells. Be overly aware of everything around you when you do a reality check. You are trying to raise your awareness in dreams, so if you are never acutely aware of anything in your waking life, it will be very hard to translate that into your dreams. Oh and again, DON'T GIVE UP!!
And if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!
The mind is a beautiful thing

Return to “For Beginners”