Meditation

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Chackøwsky

Meditation

Postby Chackøwsky » 16 Mar 2012 00:50

Hello. I have been researching and practicing lucid dreaming for about three weeks and haven't gotten any lucid dreams so far. I realize it is supposed to take long, but it is starting to annoy me. I only have nine dreams recorded in the three weeks. I was wondering if meditation was mandatory for lucid dreaming. I don't meditate simply because I am a relaxed guy as it is, but do you actually need to do it for lucid dreams? I'm interested to know.

Thanks!
"All is the Nightmare! How I have waited for his... trapped so long in darkness beneath the waves, waiting and growing in strength with its guidance... growing until the time was right. Now the Emerald Dream has become the Emerald Nightmare!"

RosenVitae

Re: Meditation

Postby RosenVitae » 16 Mar 2012 03:10

Meditation and many other things aren't needed to experience lucidity in dreams. Instead, they help you by allowing you to experience different states of awareness, because dreams and lucidity are themselves just that :) Different states of awareness.

How often do you make Reality checks? I believe this is one of the most effective tools to start having LDs.

I used to do them whenever the thought stroke me (1 to 20+ times every hour. I stopped, but I should really keep it going if I want more LDs). That's how I had my first deliberate LD experience. It was short, but it was there ;)

Make it a habbit. Pick two or more interesting methods from the articles.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

Chackøwsky

Postby Chackøwsky » 16 Mar 2012 03:32

I do reality checks about 10 times a day, or less. To be honest, I remember them at random times because I usually forget about them throughout the day.
"All is the Nightmare! How I have waited for his... trapped so long in darkness beneath the waves, waiting and growing in strength with its guidance... growing until the time was right. Now the Emerald Dream has become the Emerald Nightmare!"

RosenVitae

Postby RosenVitae » 16 Mar 2012 03:42

Chackøwsky wrote:I do reality checks about 10 times a day, or less. To be honest, I remember them at random times because I usually forget about them throughout the day.

The more often you do reality checks, the higher the chances you'll do it within a dream :) And it's way easier than learning meditation in that perspective.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

Chackøwsky

Postby Chackøwsky » 16 Mar 2012 03:47

Alright thanks! :D I'll be sure do try to focus and remember to do reality checks throughout the day!

Return to “For Beginners”