Learning in dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Aonir

Learning in dreams

Postby Aonir » 15 Mar 2012 23:09

i read on the site that you brain gets very active during lucid dreams, is it possible to gather knowledge you have forgotten, or recall school classes, if you have a important test coming up.

(would be handy to combine sleeping with learning)
Destiny such an easy word, for such a hard thing to find.

Doublea

Re: Learning in dreams

Postby Doublea » 16 Mar 2012 00:44

I've heard you can live past memories and talk to past people. I plan on practicing some tennis once I've become lucid (and after flying!).

Aonir

Postby Aonir » 16 Mar 2012 06:45

excactly what i was planning using past memories in the hope of restoring them

besides that i plan to fly as well and maybe use magic to destroy my school (always wanted to destroy my school, couln't find a legal way obviously)

RosenVitae

Postby RosenVitae » 16 Mar 2012 13:27

Learning to have stable LDs and communicate with your subc. mind is a good way to recall forgotten knowledge, but it doesn't stop there :) Your subc. mind never really forgets anything. Also, it knows you better than yourself (your subc. mind and your conscious self is one and the same, but they can seem miles apart).

But I should tell you that you can communicate with your subc. mind even when awake ;) It's more difficult, because when awake, we can easily miss the message due to our stream of wake thoughts and trail off in our own directions. I'm no master, but I can recall where I misplaced things like keys and even ask myself more complex questions. But to recall large amounts of specific knowledge this way requires much more training than I have.

Essentially, you ask yourself a question and then quiet your mind enough so an answer suddenly pops up in your mind (actually, this is how any thought pops up in your mind, henge the dificulty to hear one specific answer). If you want to try this, just remember that after asking a question, your conscious self wants to answer the question right away. You must stop this process; allowing yourself to not know the answer and clear your mind enough to have it delivered instead.

This skill is useful (also when training for LD) as you can try it when awake, and it familiarizes you in communicating with your subc. mind :)
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

Aonir

Postby Aonir » 16 Mar 2012 23:04

i already figured it would have been much training, and already knew no one ever forgets anything (seeing how one knows how to walk without thinking, is a simple example of things te subc. does), i simply wanted to know if it was possible.
although i didn't know i could use this awake.

thanks for the information

Return to “For Beginners”