Beginner, tips appreciated!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
berkeson

Beginner, tips appreciated!

Postby berkeson » 17 Mar 2012 22:17

Hello everyone, I learned about lucid dreaming about a week ago, and trying ever since. but I have some problems.

I experienced Sleep Paralysis before, but I can't induce one willingly. When I sleep I listen to brainwave sounds kind of app on my iPhone, and I try WILD. but I can't progress. I lie like a log for 25 minutes but I never experienced Hypnagogic State. Today, I started doing reality checks, by closing my eyes and trying to form a sandwich in front of me, but WILD is more attractive to me, but I can't seem to progress, as i said. how can I progress in my WILD trials? how can I know that I am in Hypnagogic State? Please help...

Christopaz

Re: Beginner, tips appreciated!

Postby Christopaz » 18 Mar 2012 02:45

I lie like a log for 25 minutes but I never experienced Hypnagogic State

Your mind is too alert, try doing something for a while till you get drowsy, then you will experience hypnagogia when you attempt to sleep after.

Today, I started doing reality checks, by closing my eyes and trying to form a sandwich in front of me

I prefer you try pushing 2 fingers of your hand to the palm of the other hand as a reality check, that is much easier.

but I can't seem to progress, as i said. how can I progress in my WILD trials? how can I know that I am in Hypnagogic State? Please help...

Try attempting WILD after 4 - 5 hours of sleep. Also you will know Hypnagogic state if you hear unusual sounds, and swirly colors in your eyes(mine is green, I don't know to others).

Keep practicing and be persistent, then it will be a natural to you
Hope can do you many things, shed light in the darkness and grant you even the most complicated wishes, but you still lack something there, WILL.

check out my Triond profile : http://www.triond.com/users/Christopher+Opancia+Jr.

Return to “For Beginners”