Lucid First?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
KylePK

Lucid First?

Postby KylePK » 18 Mar 2012 07:40

Does anybody know of any way to be able to WILD right as you go to sleep for the night? I know that you are supposed to be rested for 6 hours beforehand, but I figure if some people become skilled enough to be able to lucid dream whenever, even at the beginning of their normal night sleeping, there may be some technique to do this as well. Maybe some way to initiate REM sleep from the get-go? I've tried looking into it without any real leads. Hopefully you guys can provide some ideas or good techniques! Otherwise I think it might take me a while to get consistent since I can't wake up at 4 or 5 every morning since I wake up at 6 and need my rest, and I hardly have time to just have a nap in the afternoon. The most time I have to commit is right before bedtime!
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Peter

Re: Lucid First?

Postby Peter » 18 Mar 2012 18:23

Its not as easy but sometimes I can enter a LD from WILD on going to sleep. Everything is the same but the chance of it working is less. What can help for me is to lie on my back and relax, I will normally fall asleep and sometimes I will snap awake in around 20 minutes, it this happens I can roll onto my side and try for a WILD and on the odd time it will work
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

KylePK

Re: Lucid First?

Postby KylePK » 18 Mar 2012 18:28

Peter wrote: I will normally fall asleep and sometimes I will snap awake in around 20 minutes, it this happens I can roll onto my side and try for a WILD and on the odd time it will work

I have totally had this happen before, when you snap awake and think "was I just sleeping before, and how long?" Yeah I could even set an alarm for one hour after I relax in bed and semi WILD attempt so that it forces me to snap awake then I can try a WILD.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”