Dreams of teeth falling out

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Dreamgal

Dreams of teeth falling out

Postby Dreamgal » 16 May 2011 04:24

I had this vivid dream where all my teeth went rotten and fell out. I heard this is a common dream to have but don't really understand what it means. Just kinda curious since my teeth are fine in real life! Why on earth would I dream about them being rotten?

Dreamsphere

Re: Dreams of teeth falling out

Postby Dreamsphere » 16 May 2011 16:03

Id say that subconsiously, you are afraid that your oral health will deteriorate, and that is why you do take good care of them?
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Seto_Blade

Postby Seto_Blade » 21 May 2011 21:36

I had a similar dream several months back. Sure scared the crap out of me. That point on I made it a defining goal to brush my teeth 2-3 times everyday. Eventually it wore off on me though, and now i'm back to the usual one brush a day xD

Dreamgal

Postby Dreamgal » 29 May 2011 00:33

So you say its literal oh ok!!! I thought it must represent something from my unconscious. I have no idea what though. I do care about my teeth so it does make sense, maybe I am just looking for the X Files answer when the obvious answer is right there!

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 May 2011 02:11

I get that dream a few times a year but have had a car crash when I was young and crashed my MTB and road bikes so know the feeling of chewing on teeth so take no meaning of it. I am weary of finding meaning in dreams that are vivid or lucid as I feel that a lot of them are just entertainment and should be treated at that level. No differant than a loose thought in normal life that you are playing with in a dream state.
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Seto_Blade

Postby Seto_Blade » 01 Jun 2011 19:46

Peter wrote:I am weary of finding meaning in dreams that are vivid or lucid as I feel that a lot of them are just entertainment and should be treated at that level. No differant than a loose thought in normal life that you are playing with in a dream state.
Peter

I feel the same way about a lot of my dreams. As if some of them are just fodder. I'm sure they all have specific reasons and symbols, but unless you've gone through something emotionally traumatizing recently or have had a huge change of heart on something the dream probably won't be too substantial.

It's partly why I don't always record my dreams. I like to dwell on the dream with thought for a while, but eventually I just let it go. Unless it's something completely awesome. Those definitely stay with you.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 01 Aug 2011 03:11

Having dreams about your teeth falling out can mean a few things. Some people say that your teeth falling out can relate to anxiety about the way your look. Teeth are generally one of the first things people look at when they meet you so it could also symbolize a fear of being rejected. Similarly it could symbolize your fear of embarrassing yourself or making a fool of yourself in different situations. Here's a link if you want to read more into this dream symbol.

http://www.dreammoods.com/cgibin/teethdreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=teethintro
The mind is a beautiful thing

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 02 Aug 2011 00:01

Lol this thread reminds me of a dream i had where all my teeth turned into gummy bears and I ate them! :lol:
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 11 Dec 2011 00:20

I have that dream myself on occassion, but thankfully not often. I really hate that dream. I do, however, have what could be a very similar dream. In my dream, which I have so often, is that I have something stuck in my mouth, it's like chewing gum, but no matter how hard I try, I can't get it out. I thought that this dream might mean something I want to say, but don't, but I can't think of what that could be. I actually don't have any deep dark terrible secrets. I keep thinking that if I can only figure out what that dreams MEANS, I will finally stop having it. I mean, I hate that dream so much I would pay MONEY to never have it again.

Mithril

Postby Mithril » 08 Jan 2012 03:11

I've had this type of dream a lot. The teeth just come out one after another. It's usually painless. My biggest feeling in the dream was that this was permanent damage and deterioration in my body. Maybe you're afraid of getting old, and the permanent negative changes that come from that?

Return to “Dream Interpretation”