You ever have that Deja Vu feeling?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
purezer0

You ever have that Deja Vu feeling?

Postby purezer0 » 20 Mar 2012 08:23

I realize that many people have posted things like this, but I have what seems to me to be proof that "precognitive" dreams are true.

Ever since I was a child (I am now 23), I have always had those moments where I've felt like I have done or seen something before. But it has never been just a feeling. I know this, because each time it happens, I will remember a dream that I had weeks, months, or even years before. While it has never been about anything actually important, it is an occurrence that has happened, I would say... Close to 100 times. You tend to take notice of things like that.

One such time was when I dreamed I was watching a show, one I had never heard of or seen in my entire life. Then, about 6 months later, after forgetting about it completely, I started watching the show. I eventually got to the point in the show I dreamed about, and... BOOM! the dream floods back to me.

I will give a little background info to help explain why I think this is what I think it is... I am religious, and as such, I believe strongly in God and the Bible. I (personally) think this is a form of prophecy. While none of these occurrences have actually been about anything that matters, the sheer number of times this has happened to me have lead me to believe this. I do not consider myself to be a prophet, by any means... But there have been examples of true prophecy in the past within christianity, so I'm not just going to rule it out because of the unimportance of my experiences.

I understand there are a lot of skeptics out there who will not believe that this is actually real, or they will try to explain it with science or something... But I believe this really is one of those things that just can not be explained by the tangible.

Opinions are welcome, however :)

Axalto

Re: You ever have that Deja Vu feeling?

Postby Axalto » 20 Mar 2012 13:23

Happened to me before. From what I heard it's not a prediction, it's new memories overwriting old dream memories. It didn't actually happen in the dream, you just start remembering it that way because of a new memory.
"Once you fix something, they'll forever reagard you as Computer Genious. If it reaches this point you're pretty much screwed." -The Oatmeal

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 20 Mar 2012 22:38

Axalto wrote:Happened to me before. From what I heard it's not a prediction, it's new memories overwriting old dream memories. It didn't actually happen in the dream, you just start remembering it that way because of a new memory.

Interesting, I have had this experience too, but never thought about it in that way before. Seems like a reasonable explanation to me.
Dreaming is my drug

purezer0

Postby purezer0 » 28 Mar 2012 00:23

Axalto wrote:Happened to me before. From what I heard it's not a prediction, it's new memories overwriting old dream memories. It didn't actually happen in the dream, you just start remembering it that way because of a new memory.

If that's all it is, then how do you explain how many times I have dreamed about future occurrences?

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 28 Mar 2012 03:59

I typically find that the more in depth I go into writing down my dreams, the more my dreams begin to run together. Ill have a dream recollection from when I was five and think that it had happened last week. It isnt until I think about it that my perception of when dreams happen i way off. Sometimes, Ill recall a dream in detail as I go to sleep even though I hadn't ever been conscious of it before. It was like one of those 10-30 minute dreams directly after you fall asleep. It begins to feel weird with all the dream recall and dejavu feelings you get long after you are able to find a place where you can identify it and then classify it. I completely understand what you are talking about.
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 30 Mar 2012 02:38

I'm a believer in precognition through dreams because it happend to me once 2 years ago. It will take a great detail to explain what happened so I won't get into it now. Perhaps I'll write it up one day soon and post it on the forums and get everyones opinion. All I'll say for now is that you know how scientists say we only use a small percentage of our brain's potential? Well what if we unconsciously access the rest of it while dreaming? And what if part of that potential is seeing the future or at least a glimpse of it? More into this later...
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

Luna4277

Postby Luna4277 » 06 Sep 2013 00:55

Actually, I noticed recently that I've been getting Deja Vu feelings A LOT more since I started this lucid dream stuff. Originally, I only ever had one single Deja Vu moment and that was sometime around 4th grade maybe (I'm a highschool senior now) but since I started my LD experiment about 2 years ago, I've been getting them a whole lot. Sadly, it's never a dream that I've written down in my journal. Whenever I get Deja Vu, its always one of those dreams that you vaguely remember and can't remember enough by the time you wake up to write it down. Perhaps LDs allow for better development of psychic ability? That would be cool :D

ESPer

Postby ESPer » 06 Sep 2013 01:40

Too many times to count... I've been places before that brought on an instant and very poignant sense of deja vu. And I realize that I'd been there before in a dream. It's a regular occurrence to me.

I've had experiences that have proven beyond any reasonable doubt to me that precognitive dreaming is real. I received a text message in a dream then later that day got the exact same one to the letter. Once something like that happens to you it removes all doubt...

My whole life I've been having things happen to me that I grew up being told just didn't happen, couldn't happen, and wouldn't happen... only in the movies. It challenged my belief system. Eventually I just had to trust my own experiences.
*Insert Clever Comment Here*

Knife

Postby Knife » 06 Sep 2013 15:30

I never had a déjà vu :cry:
I really want to know what it feels like
Inherit the earth

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 08 Sep 2013 02:10

They say that getting deja vu is a sign that you're in line with your destiny. Or that your doppelganger in an alternate reality just crossed paths with you temporally. I don't know. There's a lot of theories, ideas, myths, whatever you want to call them.
Well said.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”