Fake website modeled after this one?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
insideman34

Fake website modeled after this one?

Postby insideman34 » 02 Jun 2011 00:32

I stumbled along this website searching on google...http://art-of-lucid-dreaming.com/
The website uses mostly the same exact words as your website here Rebecca except the "About Me" section is about "Tiffany" who began lucid dreaming at the age of 10. Not sure if you know anything about this but it definitely looks like a fake site modeled. Your website is very helpful and I don't want someone undermining your work so just thought I'd let you know. Thanks for all you do Rebecca.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Fake website modeled after this one?

Postby Rebecca » 02 Jun 2011 00:57

Thanks insideman.... It's just a scraper site who has been plagiarizing my content, including my own damn dreams :roll:

The author is a man named Daniel Shi of Alpharetta, GA. He made up the fake identity of Tiffany Weiss to match my voice... prior to that he used the name of Erin Lancaster. His defense, he told me, was that he "changed the words enough to pass Copyscape". Lazy.

I have written an article on content theft if you're interested. This sort of thing affects most online authors and bloggers at some point in their careers and it's good to know what your options are:
http://www.career-evolution.net/how-to-deal-with-content-thieves.php

fineganswaker

Postby fineganswaker » 17 Jun 2011 23:56

Jeez--really sorry to hear about this. That guy, Shi, sounds like a real bum. I work for the IT department of a university and we're always worried about security breaches, firewalls, identity theft, etc. I really hate hearing about how easy it is for unscrupulous louts to rip folks off.

As a matter of fact, I'd be very interested to hear what folks think about Nick Newport's Lucidology site (and products). His web site seems "legit", but there's something about him that continues to smack me as being, well, maybe a little too slick. Too much of a Powerpoint feel maybe--and what's up with the graphic of the "babe" he's always using?

I've seen a number of disparaging comments and reviews about his site (including someone claiming that his name is actually something like Mick Jones--and that, basically, he's a confidence man). I'd hate to cast uninformed aspersions, though. I realize this can cut the other way: one of the first things I ran across while researching out lucid dreaming was a brief youtube tutorial from the "neurosoup" girl. She's garnered a lot of hate email because of her (completely bizarre) past, but she, herself, seems above the board in all these matters--as well as very dedicated to what she's doing out at her website (eye-raising as it may be in certain midwestern states of the U.S. :twisted:).

Anyway (sorry, I tend to digress), any thoughts on Mr. Newport?

Peter

Postby Peter » 18 Jun 2011 01:06

I always have something to say... first impressions are that it is like a process for "making 100% returns" on the stock market. All sounds factual and tends to make a process as easy as 1, 2, 3.
That is not my experiance of OBE and LD and from the inside out feel his process would lead to dissapointment. From the outside (no or limited experiance it might all sound good)
Short answer - hard sell and get ready for dissapointment

Peter
This is a 5 minute browse of the site and a first opinion
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”