Time before you enter a wake inuced lucid dream

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
gzgzone

Time before you enter a wake inuced lucid dream

Postby gzgzone » 18 Mar 2012 20:03

The main question is "How long does it take to enter wild?"
But if you have time please answer thees as well:
1) I know that you can't move and open your eyes, but can you be in a room where the light is on, and other people are talking?
2) Is it possible to enter sleep paralysis before achieving wild?
3) Ive been trying to achieve dild for the last couple of days... Is this gonna affect that?
4) Are you lucid, and is your memory center ((cant remember its name :P) i know its barely accessible in ld) active in sleep paralysis?

ingestiblebulk

Re: Time before you enter a wake inuced lucid dream

Postby ingestiblebulk » 18 Mar 2012 20:22

I'm new to this whole thing, and have yet to become properly lucid in a dream (the best i've ever gotten is that semi-lucid state where you almost realize you're dreaming), but I can answer one of your questions: yes, you can enter sleep paralysis before a WILD, but as I understand it, sleep paralysis isn't something you can control. It's just something that can happen when attempting a WILD.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Time before you enter a wake inuced lucid dream

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Mar 2012 06:39

My successful WILD attempts have generally been around 20-30 minutes. I've never entered sleep paralysis during a WILD attempt, but apparently others have. I would recommend avoiding distractions such as lights on and people talking. I don't think it's a problem that you are working on DILD at the same time, it's good. I've WILDs attempts that turned into DILDS. When you are in REM sleep (and sleep paralysis) your mental state is very similar to waking and you are fully conscious already, you just aren't aware of it. That's why when you get lucid you find yourself in what appears to be a real world, not a dream.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”