MILD effectiveness?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
zebrafriek1

MILD effectiveness?

Postby zebrafriek1 » 21 Mar 2012 02:17

I am wondering how effective the MILD technique really is. I am thinking about devoting myself to one technique to develop that become an expert at one technique. I dream journal and reality check by default and I will begin trying the WBTB technique on weekends but I need a simple yet effective technique that doesnt make me lose too much sleep. Is the MILD technique effective enough to be this one technique and give me many lucid dreams?

Axalto

Re: MILD effectiveness?

Postby Axalto » 21 Mar 2012 07:34

I have been trying MILD for a few days now, no lucid dreams yet but it does work great against insomnia. :lol:
"Once you fix something, they'll forever reagard you as Computer Genious. If it reaches this point you're pretty much screwed." -The Oatmeal

zebrafriek1

Postby zebrafriek1 » 21 Mar 2012 20:46

Well, the both of the two days I have done it, I have ALMOST had a lucid dream. In both I suddenly though "Am I Dreaming?" but just as I was about to do my Reality Check, the dream ended. I feel like I am very close to lucidity, though.

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 22 Mar 2012 06:46

zebrafriek1 wrote:I am wondering how effective the MILD technique really is. I am thinking about devoting myself to one technique to develop that become an expert at one technique. I dream journal and reality check by default and I will begin trying the WBTB technique on weekends but I need a simple yet effective technique that doesnt make me lose too much sleep. Is the MILD technique effective enough to be this one technique and give me many lucid dreams?

The MILD technique was never really effective for me in the short run. After 2 years of devoting time to the MILD method, only about 25% of my lucid dreams have come from them. And that 25% occurred later on, so I'd say it is really good long term if you make it a habit..because i'm very thankful to have that 25%.

WBTB/WILD make the majority of my lucid dreams. If you have an iphone, I highly recommend getting an app that monitors your sleep cycles and sends you a notification when you're dreaming. "DreamZ" app has worked best for me. I believe Rebecca did a review on it. Just make sure the volume isn't too loud and you won't lose any sleep.

If you don't have an iphone, neither time to devote with WBTB, just keep the idea of lucid dreaming and awareness in the BACK of your mind while going to sleep. Your bound to incorporate it into your dreams and become lucid sooner or later.
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

zebrafriek1

Postby zebrafriek1 » 23 Mar 2012 20:03

Ok, thanks for the advice and I have attempted WILD twice previously. I at least I know I have the patience because I was sitting, focusing on my breath, and only seeing a few hypnagogic images for at least half an hour.I do like the idea of WILD because it means, with practice, you can lucid dream essentially at will. I will do the WBTB on weekends just because I need my sleep on the weekdays. What is your approximate success rate with WBTB and how long did it take you before you had a lucid dream via WILD for the first time?

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”