Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Bleekman117

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Bleekman117 » 22 Mar 2012 16:43

staciafuchsia wrote:thanks for this thread! Here's a question I wrote in my introduction thread a bit further down the page --

I've seen some mention on these boards of a "plan of action" as a way of confirming lucidity and maintaining it... i.e. if you're doing something you thought of while awake, you're definitely lucid, and as long as you're doing that thing you'll probably stay lucid. Right? How do you decide on an appropriate plan of action? And-- what do you do if you discover you can't enact it in your dream? I mean, I can do a lot more in my lucid dreams than I can when I'm awake, but I do feel my ideas of "reality" resisting my attempts to change things. For example, I can fly in my dreams, but in one of these lucid dreams, I tried to fly with my boyfriend on my back and was reduced to taking big hops instead because he was so heavy. Any advice on getting over these sorts of realism humps?

The whole "plan of action" thing is something that is used to just make the idea of lucid dreaming more of a concrete subject in your subconscious. It doesn't really matter what the plan of action is, just as long as you have one. As your the battle with your mind while you are experiencing lucid dreaming, this is a common problem people face (including me). The best thing I can tell you is it will come with time. Your conscious mind already has a preset idea of how things should be. It knows you can't fly in real life, so when you try to fly in a dream, it is going to get confused and try to keep you grounded because that is what it knows. Really, the only way to combat this depends on you. Just keep reminding yourself that this is YOUR dream inside of YOUR mind. You just have to really believe you can fly. Don't get discouraged after the first couple times. The more you practice, the better not only your flying will get, but your dream control also. So practice, practice, practice!!!
The mind is a beautiful thing

Chackøwsky

Postby Chackøwsky » 22 Mar 2012 23:11

Thanks for the MILD info! I just have one more question, awhile ago, I experienced a dream that might of actually been a Lucid Dream. I am not exactly sure if it was though. I was in this machinery place, and there were these pods with people in them. I don't exactly remember who they were. I kept walking around the pods until I walked into this throne room. There was a man and a women who looked like two characters in the books I write. They actually tell me I am dreaming. I was feeling really shocked and happy. I ran back to the pods and tried to open them. I realize that one of the people in the pods was my girlfriend. I slowly realize that she is dying, I try to break it open but it wouldn't budge. Then I woke up. Right now this "dream" feels really fuzzy and cloudy. I am beginning to wonder if I even really dreamt it because it feels so fake now. Do you know if this was an actual dream or just my mind day dreaming?
"All is the Nightmare! How I have waited for his... trapped so long in darkness beneath the waves, waiting and growing in strength with its guidance... growing until the time was right. Now the Emerald Dream has become the Emerald Nightmare!"

immabanana

Postby immabanana » 23 Mar 2012 08:44

hey imma 14 years old girl.
is it ok for a 14 yo girl to lucid dream? and i wanna try lucid dream,but im scared i'll see some scary stuffs like demons or ghosts or something.
and im scared if i already get into my lucid dream,i'll be like the one in the movie 'insidious',i cant go back to my own physical body and the devil will take my body instead :/ lol is it a different thing? and if i already get into my lucid dream,how to get out? thanks!

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 23 Mar 2012 22:51

Chackøwsky wrote:Thanks for the MILD info! I just have one more question, awhile ago, I experienced a dream that might of actually been a Lucid Dream. I am not exactly sure if it was though. I was in this machinery place, and there were these pods with people in them. I don't exactly remember who they were. I kept walking around the pods until I walked into this throne room. There was a man and a women who looked like two characters in the books I write. They actually tell me I am dreaming. I was feeling really shocked and happy. I ran back to the pods and tried to open them. I realize that one of the people in the pods was my girlfriend. I slowly realize that she is dying, I try to break it open but it wouldn't budge. Then I woke up. Right now this "dream" feels really fuzzy and cloudy. I am beginning to wonder if I even really dreamt it because it feels so fake now. Do you know if this was an actual dream or just my mind day dreaming?

Well I can't really distinguish if it was an actual dream or just a day dream, that's for you to decide. But as far as a lucid dream goes, it sounds like you were on the verge of a lucid dream. If its that fuzzy and cloudy that means it probably wasn't a LD, but you were definitely close! Keep on keeping on! :)

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 23 Mar 2012 22:56

Immabanana, let me start off by saying you have nothing to worry about. A lucid dream is a dream that YOU control, nothing else. If you are afraid that you will get stuck in the dream, don't be. Most of the time your first lucid dreams only last a few seconds or so anyways. Secondly, if you do get into a lucid dream and the monster you speak of start appearing, you have the power to overcome them. You even have the power to go face to face with the monsters and ask them why they are there and what they are representing in your mind. That is one of the many beauties of lucid dreaming, you can use it to overcome your fears! And also, it doesn't matter what age or gender you are, anybody can lucid dream!

Chely-Sparkle

Postby Chely-Sparkle » 24 Mar 2012 21:22

Hi, Im kinda new with the Lucid Dreaming, i hadn't had my first lucid yet, but Im doing the incubation, meditation and else. I only have one question, I constantly remember pretty easily my dreams ( aproximately 5+ per night), but a little while after I started making my journal I began to remember less my dream, arriving to the pont where I can remember only half o a dream or no dreams at all. Is it that Im trying to hard or that Im doing something wrong? :S

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 24 Mar 2012 23:23

Hi :) I am 14 years old and new to the forum...
I have had 4 lucid dreams so far... My first two were quite blurry and didnt last very long but my third one was really amazing but only lasted for a short amount of timed as I slipped back into a normal dream state. Last night mine lasted about 20 seconds. I knew I was dreaming so I rubbed my hands together, said 10+10 is 20 and demanded clarity but whenever I tried to do these I felt myself nearly waking up! And the dream still seemed a bit fuzzy then I asked my dream to show me something amazing and I felt myself bEing lifted up and the sky erupting in fireworks.....and then I woke up! :( any ideas for why the reality checks and techniques for increasing lucidity nearly woke me up? Is it just because I was only very lightly asleep? :)
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

iDreamOfFlying

Postby iDreamOfFlying » 25 Mar 2012 06:18

In my dreams sometimes, I can step up into the air. I run up the air and across the sky, above the treetops. I can also sometimes determine whether I need to do this or not, but the option of this strange sort of flying is not always within my choices. Is this lucid dreaming, why can't I open up this option when it's not there, and why can't I really fly like I want to?

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 26 Mar 2012 03:55

Idreamofflying, this is definitely not a lucid dream. A lucid dream is any dream in which you know that you are absolutely dreaming. Lucid dreams may not even involve dream control, but that can be induced with experience. Ive had a lucid dream where I had no control over anything. I could even get myself to go to a specific place. But it was still lucidity. I hope this answers your question
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 26 Mar 2012 03:58

LucidKey13 wrote:Hi :) I am 14 years old and new to the forum...
I have had 4 lucid dreams so far... My first two were quite blurry and didnt last very long but my third one was really amazing but only lasted for a short amount of timed as I slipped back into a normal dream state. Last night mine lasted about 20 seconds. I knew I was dreaming so I rubbed my hands together, said 10+10 is 20 and demanded clarity but whenever I tried to do these I felt myself nearly waking up! And the dream still seemed a bit fuzzy then I asked my dream to show me something amazing and I felt myself bEing lifted up and the sky erupting in fireworks.....and then I woke up! :( any ideas for why the reality checks and techniques for increasing lucidity nearly woke me up? Is it just because I was only very lightly asleep? :)

Rebecca suggested that you dont try anything way too fancy in your first few lucid dreams. Keep in mind that your conscious is unconscious and your subconscious is conscious. Your brain may be confused or even overwhelmed with the new state so try doing simple actions like guiding yourself around with dialouge or touching and sensing objects. Observe the scene.
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Return to “For Beginners”