Struggling with lucidity

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MayInWonderland

Struggling with lucidity

Postby MayInWonderland » 26 Mar 2012 19:09

It's been two weeks since I first learnt about lucid dreaming and as someone who's always had their head in the clouds, it seems like such an awesome experience. I've been struggling with a few elements of preparation though.
At first, and at the moment, I tried the MILD technique by doing regular reality checks, and starting a dream journal, lucid anchors, all the tips like learning dream signs etc. Within the first couple days my dream recall boosted dramatically, remembering four dreams a night, but are still fuzzy! Fuzzy and illogical!
Then I tried WILD technique and not sure why- it's difficult and overall just a bit weird. I get about as far as feeling all my body go numb and tingly, and then no hypnogogia comes... I just sort of either stay alert or pretty much fall into slumber. So I am giving up on that! My brain never shuts up, anyway. :lol:
I've gone back to MILD but it has stopped working. A few nights ao I didn't listen to binaural beats and my dream recall was 0 , but then again I was pretty ill and knocked out by medicine.
Now I'm just stuck, really longing to make an improvement. I thought about the wake back to bed method but it's really not convenient as I have to get a good nights sleep for schoolwork. I regularly meditate anyway as it is an old habit of mine. My journal entries are getting shorter and shorter.
Sorry from rambling on- I do get lost in my thoughts! Can anyone give me any tips for the next step in lucid dreaming?

zebrafriek1

Re: Struggling with lucidity

Postby zebrafriek1 » 26 Mar 2012 21:20

Try the WBTB technique on weekends. Thats what i do and I have school too. Also, another good technique is the DEILD. It stands for Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dream. Look it up in more detail but the basic plan is you wake up either around REM or just after a dream via auto shut off alarm or auto suggestion. Then you stay completely still and many times it results in a WILD in less than a minute. It is basically a condensed WILD because you are already completely relaxed so it is very quick. I hoped this help and stick with it. I just began having lucid dreams and it took me a month. And to tell you the truth, my journal entries arent very long either. Also, have you tried the MILD technique when your going to sleep or when you wake up in the middle of the night. For me at least it helps to wake up in the middle of the night.Again, I hoped this help.

MayInWonderland

Postby MayInWonderland » 26 Mar 2012 22:00

Thanks so much! I'll definitely try WBTB and DEILD at the weekend, sounds a bit more trustworthy than MILD. I guess I'll have to be more consistant with my reality checks and keep trying! ;)

RosenVitae

Postby RosenVitae » 27 Mar 2012 00:32

zebrafriek1 wrote:Also, another good technique is the DEILD. It stands for Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dream. Look it up in more detail but the basic plan is you wake up either around REM or just after a dream via auto shut off alarm or auto suggestion. Then you stay completely still and many times it results in a WILD in less than a minute. It is basically a condensed WILD because you are already completely relaxed so it is very quick.

I'll have to read up on this too :) I became lucid during a nap today, which ended when I accidentally opened my eyes. I tried closing them again, but when I didn't "snap right back" into the dream, I decided to just wake up to recall.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

Return to “For Beginners”