Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LucidKey13

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby LucidKey13 » 26 Mar 2012 05:25

Ikamon357 wrote:Rebecca suggested that you dont try anything way too fancy in your first few lucid dreams. Keep in mind that your conscious is unconscious and your subconscious is conscious. Your brain may be confused or even overwhelmed with the new state so try doing simple actions like guiding yourself around with dialouge or touching and sensing objects. Observe the scene.

Ok, will do! Thank you. : )
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 26 Mar 2012 21:33

Chely-Sparkle wrote:Hi, Im kinda new with the Lucid Dreaming, i hadn't had my first lucid yet, but Im doing the incubation, meditation and else. I only have one question, I constantly remember pretty easily my dreams ( aproximately 5+ per night), but a little while after I started making my journal I began to remember less my dream, arriving to the pont where I can remember only half o a dream or no dreams at all. Is it that Im trying to hard or that Im doing something wrong? :S

It could be the problem. Try not keeping the dream journal and see if your dream recall gets any better.
The mind is a beautiful thing

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 26 Mar 2012 21:36

LucidKey13 wrote:Hi :) I am 14 years old and new to the forum...
I have had 4 lucid dreams so far... My first two were quite blurry and didnt last very long but my third one was really amazing but only lasted for a short amount of timed as I slipped back into a normal dream state. Last night mine lasted about 20 seconds. I knew I was dreaming so I rubbed my hands together, said 10+10 is 20 and demanded clarity but whenever I tried to do these I felt myself nearly waking up! And the dream still seemed a bit fuzzy then I asked my dream to show me something amazing and I felt myself bEing lifted up and the sky erupting in fireworks.....and then I woke up! :( any ideas for why the reality checks and techniques for increasing lucidity nearly woke me up? Is it just because I was only very lightly asleep? :)

My advice is try relaxing yourself in the dream. You are waking up because you are getting to excited. Next time you become lucid, stand there and take some breaths and pay attention to your heart rate. Once you learn to not get overly excited in the dreams, the reality checks should start to work and your clarity will increase ten fold.

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 27 Mar 2012 06:43

Bleekman117 wrote:My advice is try relaxing yourself in the dream. You are waking up because you are getting to excited. Next time you become lucid, stand there and take some breaths and pay attention to your heart rate. Once you learn to not get overly excited in the dreams, the reality checks should start to work and your clarity will increase ten fold.

Thanks for the advice! Last night I became lucid again and I tries to just explore everything and change the colour of objects, which worked well so I will definitely try deep breaths next time!
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

Chackøwsky

Postby Chackøwsky » 29 Mar 2012 19:01

Thanks for the advice for the MILD. I just had my first Lucid Dream just yesterday! It was one of the greatest things I have ever experienced. It also surprised me that I had a lot of control of it on my first try. When I woke up, I felt so excited and happy. It was like nothing could go wrong. This feeling lasted for about an hour. Is there any reason why this feeling happened? Does it occur every time you wake up from a Lucid Dream?
"All is the Nightmare! How I have waited for his... trapped so long in darkness beneath the waves, waiting and growing in strength with its guidance... growing until the time was right. Now the Emerald Dream has become the Emerald Nightmare!"

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 30 Mar 2012 23:23

Becoming lucid is always associated with a state of euphoria. Many people report feeling happy or uplifted after a lucid dream. This may persist, it may not. Just depends on you.

Redtopgun123

Postby Redtopgun123 » 02 Apr 2012 23:23

Hi i am relly new here like just signed up 3mins ago (good times) this looks cool but i need help.

LieutenantParth

Postby LieutenantParth » 03 Apr 2012 17:13

Hi everyone. I have been practising lucid dreaming since a month or so. I have become lucid 4 times but whenever i realize that i am dreaming my head spins and i wake up. This happens every time i become lucid.I am in a habit of doing reality checks very frequently but i never do reality checks in dreams. I have never become lucid by doing a reality check. I wonder how much time this habit will take to become a habit in a dream. I am not giving up. I cant die as a happy man until unless i learn lucid dreaming. I want some tips and i need answer to my questions. I will appreciate everyone's help.

dare2dream2

Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby dare2dream2 » 03 Apr 2012 21:15

Hi! I'm new to lucid dreaming and have been trying for more than a week. as I began my training I have noticed significant improvements. My dream recall's increased and at times I find my dreams answering questions i ask during the day. Even though it's only been close to 2 weeks I haven't achieved lucidity. I record every dream and i 've had many recordings so far. But I'm having trouble focusing on reality checks and meditation, and have yet to breach lucidity. What's your suggestions? Thanx! :D :D

LieutenantParth

Postby LieutenantParth » 04 Apr 2012 17:59

dare Once you have ur first lucid dream reality checks will be less frustrating. You will be able to to reality checks sponatneously, all u have to do is to relate ur dream environment and the real one. Ask yourself that how can I say that it is not a dream?am i able to realize i am dreaming everytime?Then how can i say that it is a dream? maybe if i do a reality check i will become lucid. This helps me and i hope this helps you too :P

Return to “For Beginners”