Anyone use Galantamine?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
ssells

Anyone use Galantamine?

Postby ssells » 02 Jun 2011 05:18

I have been reading about Galantamine on the net. I have just started the book Rebecca recommends, Advanced Lucid Dreaming (The Power Of Supplements). I would love to read some first hand accounts. Have you tried Galantamine? If so did it have any positive or negative effects on your lucid dreaming? Were their any side effects you encountered?

Thanks

Gen

Re: Anyone use Galantamine?

Postby Gen » 03 Jun 2011 01:38

I have tried it, but not had a LD with it yet.. I read that book too, and experimented along the lines that Thomas Yuschak recommends. So far I have tried different dose amounts and different combos and timings, and each time I have been so wired after taking it I could not get back to sleep to even note an effect, felt extremely tired for the next day or two and then seemed to get the REM rebound effect and lots of dreaming for one night before feeling normal again. I'm a little disappointed because of all the great success stories I've read about on other forums, but I guess my body chemistry is just not right for it. I have similar effects from taking a high dose of Choline Bitartrate. Not ideal to say the least.

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 03 Jun 2011 02:23

I haven't experimented with it. I may try these experiments in the future, but for now I'm happy with the results I get just from LD techniques.

Gen, so the stuff made you wired, as in energetic? Hmm. Might be good for sports!

Gen

Postby Gen » 03 Jun 2011 09:24

Hi Jonathan, I mean wired, as in, over stimulated mentally, making it impossible to relax the mind.. Much like insomnia. Not so much physically, that I recall.

I'm all for experimenting, hell, I've personally tried lots of different supplements over the years, but for me, none so far can compare to good old fashioned diligence and persistence.

ssells

Postby ssells » 03 Jun 2011 10:02

Gen

Thanks for your reply. What is the minimum dosage if any of Galantamine can you take without these side effects?

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Jun 2011 03:08

I am on my second reading of the book and it is interesting. I have tried 5-HTP using 2 x 60mg tablets. Used this about 3 times and found that it does relax me if I allow myself to get into a receptive state (lose feeling, lose emotion, lose thought) and drift off into a nice pleasant sleep.
On both times after waking and going back to sleep I have had very vivd dreams and one fully lucid dream.

I have used Choline twice and had a very interesting experiance a little out of normal ranges that I might post soon and on the second trial no result at all. The second time I went to sleep afte taking the tablet and that might have wrecked the trial as I think a WILD is the effect that I was trying to acheive.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Gen

Postby Gen » 04 Jun 2011 03:21

The capsules I have are 4mg Galantamine and 200mg Choline. From dreamamins.com
I have tried half a capsule, so roughly 2mg (and 100mgCholine), but that is the smallest dosage I have tried.

Peter, I've had great sleep and good REM rebound with 5htp. Did you take the 5htp before sleep, and do you remember how long you slept for before trying WBTB?

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Jun 2011 03:29

Yes I took 5-HTP before sleep and around 9:30pm, woke up around midnight, drifted off and woke up at 1:30am and got up for around 30 minutes. Precise with this as it is a normal night as I get up to check stock markets around 1:30 am most days of the week. The getting up and waking up I think is the key as after a little time looking at screens I fully wake up and take around an hour to get back to sleep and this seems to get results. So the rem rebound comes after a sleep of 3 to 4 hours, waking up and a little time to drift off again. I can quite ofter have a WILD and have strong interesting hypnagogic imagery if I hold the objective state and just pop into a dream.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

oneirogen

Postby oneirogen » 01 Jul 2011 01:45

I have used galantamine about a total of 10 times now. The first time I was on an antipsychotic at the time and had a very bad reaction, I basically had a swollen lip and exploding head syndrome, my heart was racing crazy fast and I felt like I was tripping balls. Then I worked up the courage to try it again when i went off the med in about 2 months from that time. The first couple times I couldn't fall asleep, but if you get experienced with meditation, the effects are def noticable. One time I work up after sleeping for 3 hours, took the pill and meditated for 30 minutes. Then I laid in bed and concentrated on my breathing and maintaining a waking sleeping state. Then all of a sudden it felt like I was faling through my bed and all these loud screeching sounds and vibrations started happening. My vision was super messed up and blurry. It was so scary and I felt paralyzed. I tried to remain calm because I have read about this many times, these vibrations. The vibrations continued, and they stopped and 'I got out of my bed' and continued with the weirdest dream in my life. The more I work on this technique, the more often I have WILD upon taking galantamine. Almost every night after I take galantamine, when it is still in my system, I have the most intricate long beautiful lucid dreams.

This stuff works BUT MUST BE PAIRED WITH MINDFULNESS PRACTICES.

This drug is only effective when you abstain from alchohol and other drugs that cloud your mind. Get well, sleep well, dream well. The food you eat, the negative things you do, the drugs you consume, all that involves your waking life HAS A DIRECT EFFECT ON THE QUALITY OF YOUR DREAMS.

Please respect this stuff, and keep in mind, it will have some psychological effects. It WILL change your life forever. There is NO going back from these experiences. I wouldn't go back for anything though :)

BASICALLY...
Galantamine = best thing I have ever stumbled upon.

aamorim

Postby aamorim » 05 Jul 2011 20:08

I mean wired, as in, over stimulated mentally, making it impossible to relax the mind.. Much like insomnia.

The same thing happened to me, if I take Galantamine I can not sleep anymore.. Make me full alert. Gen are you light sleeper or heavy sleeper ???

all the best
--Andre
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
--Carl Jung

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”