A little freaked out

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jacob M S

A little freaked out

Postby Jacob M S » 25 Mar 2012 18:36

Alright so almost every time I have a nightmare I wake up and I have sleep paralysis. I read often times you can see figures around your bed or on top of you during that. I never have. But some times either when I wake up or right before I go to sleep I will see/hear things. Here are two examples:
Once when I was six I had this dream. I was riding in the car with my parents and they turned the radio on. There was a monster talking and he said"you better hide under your covers tonight or else..." and then there was the sound of crunching bones and screaming. When I woke up I hid under the cover and heard the same voice say "I see you took my advice"; another time was when I was 11 I was just going to sleep. I had a lamp on which just barely illuminated the room. Right before I fell asleep I opened my eyes and saw a very scary looking clown standing at the foot of my bed. I know both accounts werent dreams because I ran to my mom on both nights scared and told her what happened and I would wake up in he'd bed and ask her if I dreamed it all and she would tell me what I did.
Did I have a dream or did the dream have me?

Jacob M S

Re: A little freaked out

Postby Jacob M S » 25 Mar 2012 18:37

I forgot to say if anyone could tell me what might be causing this I'd be grateful. It hadn't happened in like 3 years.

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 27 Mar 2012 02:09

Sounds like sleep paralysis. My advice, ask them what they symbolize.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 27 Mar 2012 02:16

Jacob M S wrote:Alright so almost every time I have a nightmare I wake up and I have sleep paralysis. I read often times you can see figures around your bed or on top of you during that. I never have. But some times either when I wake up or right before I go to sleep I will see/hear things. Here are two examples:
Once when I was six I had this dream. I was riding in the car with my parents and they turned the radio on. There was a monster talking and he said"you better hide under your covers tonight or else..." and then there was the sound of crunching bones and screaming. When I woke up I hid under the cover and heard the same voice say "I see you took my advice"; another time was when I was 11 I was just going to sleep. I had a lamp on which just barely illuminated the room. Right before I fell asleep I opened my eyes and saw a very scary looking clown standing at the foot of my bed. I know both accounts werent dreams because I ran to my mom on both nights scared and told her what happened and I would wake up in he'd bed and ask her if I dreamed it all and she would tell me what I did.

Definitely sleep paralysis / hypnogogic hallucinations.

It's my experience that what we see/hear during these episodes are subconscious creations of our mind.

I have a friend who experiences sleep paralysis quite often, he relates to me stories of hearing strange noises coming from downstairs... and times when he hears his wife leave the bed and go downstairs only to find that she didn't do that.

Just stay calm... try not to think too much when having them. Try not to expect or assume anything either. Just the act of assuming something is enough to trigger something to occur.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Jacob M S

Postby Jacob M S » 29 Mar 2012 23:11

Cool thanks. I just didn't think it was sleep paralysis because I wasn't immobilized during it. But thanks.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”