I'm really confused

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Ikamon357

I'm really confused

Postby Ikamon357 » 28 Mar 2012 03:54

I know that I had a lucid dream but it was in no way, like one described by other people. In this dream, i thought about the possibility that I was dreaming. I tried my reeality check (pushing one hand through the other) and nothing happened. I kept walking around the dream thinking it was real until I passed a digital clock on a microwave that said 18:37 am. By then I was sure I was dreaming. The alarm clock begin to give off a whitenoise sound and the screen got all staticy like an old tv would. I retried my reality check but this time there was only a vague image of my hand passing through the other. I had no conscious senses except sight. It was the exact feelyou get in a normal dream. I know you are supposed to try and highten your clarity but that did not work. I had absolutely bo control over anything. As the dream progressed, I was forced on through a plot like ones in a typical dream and it slowly became more and more of a claustrophobic feel until everything became so vague that I had no conscious realization of anything. The dream just turned into a normal dream after that. :? . I am confused about this but I am certain this was a lucid dream because I had a complete realization that I was dreaming. Is there any way I could train myself to have more conscious willpower in dreams or any other help. I am completely obsessed with lucid dreaming and really want help now.
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Arcadian

Re: I'm really confused

Postby Arcadian » 28 Mar 2012 04:21

I had a similar dream last night. At one point a pack of wolves were chasing me and before they reached me I thought "This is a lucid dream, I can defeat them". I then reflected them off a random shield I had with me and had a nice little battle with them as the dream slowly transitioned back into a normal dream. I only had that lucid state of mind for a few seconds though.

I've had more conscious lucid dreams than this one by far. I'm not sure why we can only achieve partial lucidity sometimes, but you should be encouraged by it. You are on the right track. Just continue to drill in your head that if you ever find yourself lucid you will stop what you are doing and begin thinking about that thought and nothing else while you confirm it with reality checks and increase the clarity. You'll start gaining more awareness each time.
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

Snaggle

Re: I'm really confused

Postby Snaggle » 28 Mar 2012 08:23

Ikamon357 The most likely explanation is that you became aware and lucid in a NREM dream, these are not in my experience vivid dreams. One is going to encounter a range of vividness lucid dreaming and a range of control over ones dreams, You'll just have to deal with it and accept it.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “For Beginners”