Help?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ikamon357

Help?

Postby Ikamon357 » 28 Mar 2012 04:08

Every time i do something like writing down my dream or trying a WILD it becomes less effective the next time. When I first kept a dream journal, my dreams exploded into vivid dreaming sensations and lasted like that for about a month. Now all my dreams seem vague and I cant get close to even sleep paralysys in a WILD. Any suggestions?
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Ryan

Re: Help?

Postby Ryan » 29 Mar 2012 02:58

Because back then you probably weren't trying as hard.
Stop trying. :)

I know it sounds counter productive, but with your bit of success you began to subconsciously put pressure on yourself to succeed. That's usually the creation of a barrier to that very success.

Stop trying... just do it... don't worry about it. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Chronicle

Re: Help?

Postby Chronicle » 29 Mar 2012 16:26

As I am new to this board, I am wondering - do people find that attempting to initiate lucid dreaming results in a mostly pleasurable experience? I have not tried to learn how to induce a lucid dream, my LD's often transform into Hypnagogic/ Hypnapompic experiences which to be honest, can range from very pleasurable to incredibly and intensely frightening. And as sleep paralysis often follows, the longer you are trapped in a full-on 'Hypno-trip', the more difficult it is to shake yourself awake. And they can become quite painful too. Very bad pain at the lower part of the back of the head, and a strong, tingling pain in fingers and toes. It is an assault to the senses.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”