First LD, got sucked out of it

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Simon94

First LD, got sucked out of it

Postby Simon94 » 30 Mar 2012 08:43

Hello. I had my first LD during a sleep during the day. However, when i noticed it was a LD I got stressed and very exited, but then i got "sucked" out of the dream and woke up. I went straight back to sleep and got into a new LD. thsi time I was able to be in there for a bit longer, but the same thing happened again. I have never been able to ebnter a LD before? any tips? how can I avoid being sucked out of the dream?

Snaggle

Re: First LD, got sucked out of it

Postby Snaggle » 30 Mar 2012 09:45

Simon Welcome to the forum. What you're experiencing can happen to any lucid dreamer. DILDs are not as stable as WILDs and when one becomes lucid in them there's always a chance one will wake up. In my own experience when I have a spontaneous DILD I tend to remain lucid and dreaming if I like the dream and wake up if I don't. My last example of waking up happened when I was at my doctor's office and asked "I don't remember anything happening to get me here". I became lucid and woke up immediately and was very glad not to be dreaming :D .
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Simon94

Postby Simon94 » 30 Mar 2012 10:09

What is WILD and DILD?

Simon94

Postby Simon94 » 30 Mar 2012 12:33

I read up on it, but how do you induce a WILD?

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 31 Mar 2012 03:52

You will start by laying in bed almost completely asleep and simply lay there for as long as you need until sleep paralysis settles in. Next, wait with the sleep paralysis and eventually you will see paterns of light called hypnogogia. Observe these, do NOT interact. Start visualizing a dream scape with as much clarity as you can and continue knowing that this is not reality. Eventually, you will either wale up from the WILD or your mind will "pop" right into a lucid dream.
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Simon94

Postby Simon94 » 02 Apr 2012 00:12

Thnx for awesome reply, but do you have any more information on how to enter the sleep paralysis?

Return to “For Beginners”