First Lucid Dream!!! In less than 3 months!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MissTabz

First Lucid Dream!!! In less than 3 months!!

Postby MissTabz » 31 Mar 2012 03:53

I really want to share my experience to someone that won't look at me like I'm crazy... I kind of sorta gave up on lucid dreaming mainly because I'm just too busy and I don't want to mess with my sleep when I'm not getting enough...

But yes! Last night I did it!! I took an afternoon nap yesterday because I was just tired and I woke up at 9pm and went to BED at 1230 a.m and could not fall asleep at all until around 1:30 or so...

Before I had my lucid dream I had a couple dreams but the thought of not being able to go to sleep maybe set it off cause I felt myself waking up at times and thinking "I'm going to be soooo tired tomorrow!!" Anyways....while I woke up randomly I remember hearing strange sounds which was the sleep paralysis and then I experienced hypnogic imagery which I remember scared me a bit...

After what seemed like forever I had a dream I was on my bed and I was on my iPad, I could hear my mom talking and hear my sister laughing in their rooms .. I llooked at the time and it said 36:2 11 and that's when I sorta realized I was dreaming but what gave me lucidity was calling my sisters name, it was like I couldn't speak at first, then I tried again and called her name and no reply then it was silent.

I then got out of bed realizing I was dreaming I turned on my light and I looked back at my room and said "oh my god" . I remember thinking "is this bad for my brain?!" cause it was just....too real....

Anyway the first thing I decide to do it to go somewhere else, I go to my bathroom, turn on the light, then put my arms in the mirror and I remember feeling boxes or something and then I said "somewhere warm and comfy". It didnt really work because It led me to what looked like an old small bathroom with yellow wallpaper.... I open doors hoping I go somewhere else but It just takes me to different colour rooms... At one point I remember thinking about what would happen if it was a scary dream because WHEN I HAVE SCARY DREAMS....THEY ARE JUST SCARY..... After thinking all that I was wondering if I could find someone to ask them what they represented in my dream but no one was there....

Afterwards I found myself in front of another door and I was like " oh right!! I can fly " so I said "bring me to a feild with green grass a blue skies with clouds" .. I opened the door and i saw a bit of the grass and sky then it got weird cause it was like I didn't know how to blink in a dream and I think I actually opened my eyes in real life cause I just remember seeing dark. Then I lost lucidity :(

I woke up at 3:00am and it felt like I didn't fall asleep...

Anyways I just want to wish all the beginners out there good luck and NEVER STOP TRYING!!! DONT GIVE UP!!! Please!! Trust me!! Every single night I tried doing lucid dreaming... I still remember just lying there for hours and nothing... Give it some time.... Be patient and don't get frustrated!!!! It will reward you in the end!!

Return to “For Beginners”