Dreams without a body

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jack Reacher

Dreams without a body

Postby Jack Reacher » 03 Mar 2012 22:34

Is it possible to have lucid dreams without a body? You can imagine yourself with just your mind and not a body at any time really, simply picture yourself zooming around a room without a body. So is it possible to do the same thing in a dream? I swear I did something similar when i got so engrossed in flying around in space.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Re: Dreams without a body

Postby Peter » 03 Mar 2012 22:50

yes it is but for me that happens at times when I am in the void and before entering another dream. I think that the dreams need the construct of a body or else you are just an observer
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Sir_Serix

Postby Sir_Serix » 05 Mar 2012 20:39

Yes,I have lots of dreams without body.
I can't describe them,they are lots of types.
Some of them i see them like a movie,others,like a 3rd person videogame.
I have never become lucid in one of those dreams.When I reffer to this I do NOT mean OBEs

trouble8

Postby trouble8 » 01 Apr 2012 21:09

yes I've done it a few times but mostly just changing into something else.
Are you a figment of my imagination or am I a figment of yours?

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 03 Apr 2012 04:44

Peter wrote:yes it is but for me that happens at times when I am in the void and before entering another dream. I think that the dreams need the construct of a body or else you are just an observer

Peter this is true only if one does not have dream control in the dream, if one does the dream characters are ones puppets that one gets to play God, angel or devil with both influencing their behavior and the situations they're in.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 03 Apr 2012 06:17

I'm sorry if this sounds critical, but how can you have a body in a dream?

The only time I'm really aware of a body is when I'm lucid and it's interesting because then I have to "make" a body which is quite a challenge for me apparently. For example, whenever I look at my hands, the job I do at creating them is not very good although it has improved a little. I think we can experience all of the sensations of the physical world without a body. But of course it's like everything else: If you want one, it's yours, you just have to make it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 03 Apr 2012 06:58

lucidinthe sky wrote:I'm sorry if this sounds critical, but how can you have a body in a dream?

The only time I'm really aware of a body is when I'm lucid and it's interesting because then I have to "make" a body which is quite a challenge for me apparently. For example, whenever I look at my hands, the job I do at creating them is not very good although it has improved a little. I think we can experience all of the sensations of the physical world without a body. But of course it's like everything else: If you want one, it's yours, you just have to make it.

I agree, I am hardly ever aware of my body or my appearance in non-lucid dreams!
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 03 Apr 2012 07:12

Lucidinthe sky and Lucidkey13 I often have the omniscient viewpoint before I enter or switch to the DC's viewpoint; even in the DC one still see's their limbs and body excluding the face and back. I'm also sometimes multiple DC at the same time or switch between them quickly and see the DC's both through their eyes and the eyes of others.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 04 Apr 2012 05:24

Looking at my hands helps make the dream more stable, but usually when I imagine I have legs I just stumble around like a drunk person.

However in all of my latest lucid dreams I usually just start floating around without a body, I guess I dont care for it anymore now that I can fly.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”