What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

WildCat23

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby WildCat23 » 30 Mar 2012 00:08

Jacob M S wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOO CARSES!!!!! I meant things dang it not thongs. Why does the o have to be right next to the i?

We know. Were just bustin on ya.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

funkylogan64

Postby funkylogan64 » 30 Mar 2012 06:32

isn't it interesting how a person can feel the wind, smell the wind, hear the wind, and even create some wind LOL!..... but not see the wind. Yet can still believe in the wind and it's power. The same goes for my HP, whom I call GOD. There are too many complex issues in this world to think that everyting started by chance. And when you have an OBE/Encounter, that totally seals the deal. This life is but a test. We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, but spiritual beings having a human experience. Once our bodies give way, our spirits "shed the glove" and reunite with the one almighty who created us. I would submit that cultivating some faith in things unseen would do a person good in getting along. Faith that education will help you to get a better job, Faith that the potential energy in a log can keep you warm, Faith that ......................

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Apr 2012 01:55

funkylogan64 wrote:isn't it interesting how a person can feel the wind, smell the wind, hear the wind, and even create some wind LOL!..... but not see the wind. Yet can still believe in the wind and it's power. The same goes for my HP, whom I call GOD. There are too many complex issues in this world to think that everyting started by chance. And when you have an OBE/Encounter, that totally seals the deal. This life is but a test. We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, but spiritual beings having a human experience. Once our bodies give way, our spirits "shed the glove" and reunite with the one almighty who created us.

I pretty much completely agree with this. I think life is a created simulation of sorts and we can see from lucid dreams how good we are at creating such "virtual realities". I believe that there are a lot more of these waiting for us when we finish here for all sorts of purposes concerning our spiritual evolution and we will be participating in their creation/operation.

funkylogan64 wrote: I would submit that cultivating some faith in things unseen would do a person good in getting along.

Good advice, even if it's not a traditional religous style faith in God. I agree in the value of believing in things we can't experience with our 5 human senses which are pretty limiting anyway. Even those who don't accept the idea of faith would agree that in lucid dreams we get exactly what we believe we will get. How is that not faith? There was one post where someone was saying that when ever they want to drive a certain car, they first reach for the keys. Or another is when you want to go somewhere, find a door that when you open it, that place will be on the other side. And what are these exercises called: Faith!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 01 Apr 2012 08:16

I havent been so good at summoning stuff in lucid dreams, I keep trying to find a gun so I can test out what happens if you die in a lucid dream ( im not suicidal just curious to see if you simply wake up or...?), but I can never seem to get it right
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 01 Apr 2012 12:24

Jack Reacher wrote:I havent been so good at summoning stuff in lucid dreams, I keep trying to find a gun so I can test out what happens if you die in a lucid dream ( im not suicidal just curious to see if you simply wake up or...?), but I can never seem to get it right

One experiences death agonies and then wakes up after dying.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

trouble8

Postby trouble8 » 01 Apr 2012 21:23

Good advice, even if it's not a traditional religous style faith in God. I agree in the value of believing in things we can't experience with our 5 human senses which are pretty limiting anyway. Even those who don't accept the idea of faith would agree that in lucid dreams we get exactly what we believe we will get. How is that not faith? There was one post where someone was saying that when ever they want to drive a certain car, they first reach for the keys. Or another is when you want to go somewhere, find a door that when you open it, that place will be on the other side. And what are these exercises called: Faith!

I agree completely. I find it funny sometimes when people say that science is not built on faith but in fact all it is, is faith. Faith that since something has worked a billion times and has continued to work that it will not fail in the future. The entirety of science is built upon faith. Sorry if I'm ranting a little. Also I would like to end this by saying that my sister used to be allergic to dairy and eggs. But one day when we were at a British church some of the leaders prayed for her and that very day she was healed and has continued to have eggs and dairy product for her entire life.
Are you a figment of my imagination or am I a figment of yours?

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 02 Apr 2012 05:16

trouble8 wrote:

I agree completely. I find it funny sometimes when people say that science is not built on faith but in fact all it is, is faith. Faith that since something has worked a billion times and has continued to work that it will not fail in the future. The entirety of science is built upon faith. Sorry if I'm ranting a little. Also I would like to end this by saying that my sister used to be allergic to dairy and eggs. But one day when we were at a British church some of the leaders prayed for her and that very day she was healed and has continued to have eggs and dairy product for her entire life.

I agree with you guys about how humans can not sense everything, but I don't think that people should use this as evidence of a god. We have no idea what might be beyond our range of sensory.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Jovan

Postby Jovan » 30 Apr 2012 18:45

I'm an Ortodox Christian like most of Serbs and I do beleve in God. I don't believe in every aspect of the Bible, but I do believe in most of them.

Dreams, however, don't have almost any connection with my faith since I see dreams as a product of mind and subconscious.
Sorry for my bad English. Not a native speaker. :(

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 08 May 2012 02:11

funkylogan64 wrote:There are too many complex issues in this world to think that everyting started by chance.

That's like saying "I don't understand how the magic trick works... so it must be real magic."

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 May 2012 03:16

Rebecca wrote:That's like saying "I don't understand how the magic trick works... so it must be real magic."

Are you saying you don't believe in magic?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Off-Topic”