Suggestion Box

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Rebecca
Site Admin

Suggestion Box

Postby Rebecca » 19 Feb 2012 05:16

Welcome to the suggestion box for World of Lucid Dreaming. I look forward to receiving your:

--> Article suggestions - what do you want to know?
I write articles based on my ongoing experiences of lucid dreaming, any gaps I can identify in the beginner knowledge base, and any specific questions that arise among lucid dreamers. If you want to see a specific topic covered in depth, this is the place to ask for it.

--> Website feedback - where did I mess up?
Eagle eyes can tell me about any spelling errors, typos or factual inaccuracies you've found on the website. Tell me how I can improve your experience of the site - whether it's fixing a technical bug or introducing a new form of media. I love to get detailed feedback so I can improve the way things work.

--> Joint venture ideas - will your idea blow my mind?
If you work in the sleep and dreams niche and want to work together, tell me how we can arrange that. I am seeking genuinely valuable opportunities to share audiences, run interviews and guest articles, and think outside the box when it comes to new online projects. If your idea is top secret you can always PM me, otherwise please introduce yourself and what you stand for below.

--> Reader testimonials - what do you think of my product?
If you've purchased and enjoyed my digital course on lucid dreaming (http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-fast-track.html) and feel all soft and gooey about it, please send me your testimonial. Your feedback helps me convey the benefits of the course from a user perspective. I truly appreciate original, honest reviews to share with my readers.

Thanks for your suggestions. As forum members you are my most dedicated readers and I really value your feedback and opinions.

SamSamSam

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby SamSamSam » 01 Mar 2012 09:49

Hiya Rebecca,
I really love your website and e-book! One of the best out there. One thing I would like to see more of is interviews from experienced lucid dreamers. Reading all the interviews from sites like Wagonner's is great for providing extra excitement and motivation (and as lucid dreamers we probably know that excitement about lucid dreaming tends to result in more lucid dreams). It would be also great to view some more of your adventures in the lucid world (if they are not too personal of course :) And I'm loving the new lucid dream flying video!
Like I said, your book and website are fantastic and the amount of work you must put into it really shows.
Now for the eagle eyes.... in the section on 'Lucid Dreaming Subliminal Video', the link above spells dreaming incorrect.
All the best!

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 05 Mar 2012 00:06

Thanks Sam! Great suggests!

I'll keep hunting for potential interviewees and will definitely post some more of my own lucid dreams and maybe some illustrations.

Got the typo - good eye ;)

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 07 Mar 2012 23:54

You have the best ld site out there.Ive advertised this site to all my friends and in a presentation to a class on a memorable experience (Lucid dreams). If you would like to maintain this, keep up this forum. Its a great idea. Perhaps if you make an app or a youtube channel you could expand the site even more. A great article suggestion is that you could tell a step by step guide into self hypnosis and what to suggest to your subconscious once in a hypnotised state. I have an entire book on self hypnosis and I know the steps to doing it but the lucid dreaming hypnosis suggested doesnt work.

On your article on paranormal activity, ive read about an experiment where two people were put into two dark rooms each with two digital clocks in front of them. Both had identical magnetic pulses acting on their brainwaves from the same origin. One person had a light flashed in front of him. The other person saw the flash and recorded the time. Both saw the flash within the same minute even though only one was directly seeing the light. This is a common belief of why geese migrate in such perfect patterns. Scientists believe the earths magnetic pulses are keeping geese migrations in sync through brainwave activity. The light flash was only seen in a part of the guys brain that was not able to be consciously accessed. Assuming a person is able to access more than 16% of their brain capacity in a lucid dream, we may not be as far away from a real life inception machine as we think.
Last edited by Ikamon357 on 08 Mar 2012 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 08 Mar 2012 00:47

To improve your site, could you create a downloadable version of all the subliminal lucid dreaming induction videos? Im farely sure that .mp4 and .mov files are able to support 60 fps. I figured you could easily publish these considering theyre already free to the public.

While on the subject of downloads, what frequency would you recomend for binaural beats when trying to have a MILD or WILD. Ive found a great binaural beats app on the app store yet I dont know what frequency to set it to.
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Joebob

Postby Joebob » 02 Apr 2012 03:00

Hi, first off, I love your site. It's very informational and I'm working my way to my first lucid dream. I currently am frequently performing reality checks and such. The reason I am making a post here is because of your Inception article. You say that the limbo is caused by dying in a dream within a dream. This is incorrect. The reason is because Cobb and the others are sedated, so they are constantly avoiding Fischer's dresm guards, even in the first dream layer. You should reword it saying that they must avoid dying because they are sedated.

Thank you for your amazing website, I just wanted there to be clear information

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 03 Apr 2012 05:17

Ikamon357 wrote:You have the best ld site out there.Ive advertised this site to all my friends and in a presentation to a class on a memorable experience (Lucid dreams). If you would like to maintain this, keep up this forum. Its a great idea. Perhaps if you make an app or a youtube channel you could expand the site even more. A great article suggestion is that you could tell a step by step guide into self hypnosis and what to suggest to your subconscious once in a hypnotised state. I have an entire book on self hypnosis and I know the steps to doing it but the lucid dreaming hypnosis suggested doesnt work.

On your article on paranormal activity, ive read about an experiment where two people were put into two dark rooms each with two digital clocks in front of them. Both had identical magnetic pulses acting on their brainwaves from the same origin. One person had a light flashed in front of him. The other person saw the flash and recorded the time. Both saw the flash within the same minute even though only one was directly seeing the light. This is a common belief of why geese migrate in such perfect patterns. Scientists believe the earths magnetic pulses are keeping geese migrations in sync through brainwave activity. The light flash was only seen in a part of the guys brain that was not able to be consciously accessed. Assuming a person is able to access more than 16% of their brain capacity in a lucid dream, we may not be as far away from a real life inception machine as we think.

Thank you kindly. Truly encouraging words!

I have a YouTube channel and aim to keep adding videos as/when I have time:
http://www.youtube.com/user/WorldofLucidDreaming

I will also look into doing more on self hypnosis. I have released a Lucid Dreaming Hypnosis MP3 if you haven't already seen it: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-fast-track.html

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 03 Apr 2012 05:21

Ikamon357 wrote:To improve your site, could you create a downloadable version of all the subliminal lucid dreaming induction videos? Im farely sure that .mp4 and .mov files are able to support 60 fps. I figured you could easily publish these considering theyre already free to the public.

While on the subject of downloads, what frequency would you recomend for binaural beats when trying to have a MILD or WILD. Ive found a great binaural beats app on the app store yet I dont know what frequency to set it to.

Thanks, I'll look into downloadable versions.

Re: binaural beats. It should move through various frequencies, starting at a waking beta frequency and moving down through alpha and into theta. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but I don't program brainwave entrainment myself so I wouldn't like to just make it up! The best use for binaurals is in meditation; whatever gets you into that deep meditative state will help with lucidity practice.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 03 Apr 2012 05:25

Joebob wrote:Hi, first off, I love your site. It's very informational and I'm working my way to my first lucid dream. I currently am frequently performing reality checks and such. The reason I am making a post here is because of your Inception article. You say that the limbo is caused by dying in a dream within a dream. This is incorrect. The reason is because Cobb and the others are sedated, so they are constantly avoiding Fischer's dresm guards, even in the first dream layer. You should reword it saying that they must avoid dying because they are sedated.

Thank you for your amazing website, I just wanted there to be clear information

Thanks very much 8-)

I'm not sure I understand you fully about Inception. Can you elaborate? I would like to clear it up if I've mis-spoken in my article, but I'm not sure how to re-word based on what you've said. What has sedation got to do with the dream guards? Eg, if they were sedated in their own lucid dream, could they not still go into multiple dream layers and therefore into limbo? (I think I need to watch the movie again....)

Lucky for me I can afford to be wrong about speculative fiction :D

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 03 Apr 2012 09:07

Ikamon357 wrote:To improve your site, could you create a downloadable version of all the subliminal lucid dreaming induction videos? Im farely sure that .mp4 and .mov files are able to support 60 fps. I figured you could easily publish these considering theyre already free to the public.

Done! Download the subliminal videos on this page (scroll to the end and you'll see the gray box):
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/videos/lucid-dreaming-subliminal-video.html

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”