Great, long lucid dream: in and out of lucidity

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Great, long lucid dream: in and out of lucidity

Postby lucidinthe sky » 06 Apr 2012 17:28

I had a fantastic and long lucid dream, breaking a 1 month losing streak. FINALLY! What was really good about it was it was very natural to go into it, a no effort DILD. But I had to repeatedly do reality checks over what felt like at least 30 minutes. It was the first time I have gone that long. It's really interesting because I kept going back to believing that it was waking life, this is just too darn real to believe it's a dream. Did I wake up yet, or is it still a dream? Then remembering that: No this a dream, do a reality check. O.K. wow! It would some times take a few tries. Forgetting, remembering. I must have done 10 or 20 reality checks during the dream. At one point I heard a gun fire, then a few seconds later saw this crazy looking guy wuth a gun in his hand saying "I think I have a gun in my hand, I have a gun my hand." Oh crap, get the heck out of here! I wasn't about to find out if it was real so I took off. The guy shoots at me and I remembered how they dodged bullets in the Matrix so I tried that and it worked. I escaped to the outside just going with the flow of the dream or dreams. The best part to me was when I was outside walking around and this wet ground which was very hard and had lots of little tiny black and white stones imbedded in it. It was shiny from the rain and at that point I thought about the fact that it was a dream and spent quite a bit of time just feeling texture of the rough, wet ground which was truly astonishing, how perfectly real it felt. I had to keep touching it. There was small bolt I picked up and felt that too. Just left me shaking my head in disbelief. Lucid dreams or just so amazingly real, just blows me away everytime! What's most fascinating to me is the sense of touch in dreams and it's only in lucid dreams that I really get to expore that and think about it while in the dream. Touching and feeling things in a dream doesn't seem possible, that they would real be feeling solid objects. They feel exactly the same in dreams. I think I picked the wet ground with different rough and also smooth small stones for all of the different textures and feels. Can't wait to do it again!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Summerlander

Re: Great, long lucid dream: in and out of lucidity

Postby Summerlander » 06 Apr 2012 21:52

Wow! Congratulations, lucidinthe sky! You did the right thing by striving to keep lucid. The sense of touch also fascinates me in lucid dreams. I'd go as far as to say that lucid dreaming has more in common with the waking state than ordinary dreaming.

I'm glad that you had a great experience and you appreciate the quality of it. The man with the gun and what he said makes me laugh! Hehehe!

I've been doing exercises while awake which were recommended by LaBerge. It entails paying attention to and appreciating sensory perception in the waking state. You can also try this and may also help with becoming lucid in dreams. Every day, focus on each sense for about a minute (i.e. sight, touch, taste, hearing, smell) plus a minute's reflection on feelings, emotion, proprioception and awareness of self (and awareness of awareness of self ad infinitum).

Anyway, don't let me waffle on. Well done and thanks for sharing this experience! 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Apr 2012 00:52

I really had a hard time staying lucid because I still trust my ability to tell that I am in waking reality. I have this argument going inside me over whether it's a dream or not. Really fantastic to be lucid.

Summerlander wrote:I've been doing exercises while awake which were recommended by LaBerge. It entails paying attention to and appreciating sensory perception in the waking state. You can also try this and may also help with becoming lucid in dreams. Every day, focus on each sense for about a minute (i.e. sight, touch, taste, hearing, smell) plus a minute's reflection on feelings, emotion, proprioception and awareness of self (and awareness of awareness of self ad infinitum).

This sounds like a good idea, I'll definitely try it. I still feel really great from the lucid dream, 10 hours after waking up. It's like being high and it seems to build up for me, getting stronger for at least a few hours after waking. For me, I often have another LD fairly soon after having one. They seem to go in cycles.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Apr 2012 08:48

Good work breaking the dry spell, it is very hard to tell at times and I think more so if you have a lot of vivid dreams. You time is increasing as well so that's great progress and something to feel very good about
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”