Self Intro

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Self Intro

Postby Psychic84 » 09 Apr 2012 16:17

I am Bruce Wong, living in Singapore. I first heard about lucid dreaming in year 2002, but I did not have the interest at that time. 10 years later (year 2012), when lucid dreaming popped up in my mind, I began to search 'Lucid Dreaming' at Yahoo website. That was when I found out about World Of Lucid Dreaming website by Ms Rebecca Turner.

When I visit this website, I then learned that lucid dreaming enables us to anything that is impossible in the real world. Many people have experienced flying in air. It is worth a shot to me.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Self Intro

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Apr 2012 18:14

Welcome to the forum, hope you the opportunity to have a lucid dream, it's such an amazing experience.

And not just because you can control the dream and do things like flying, although that's fun. To me the most amazing part of the lucid dream is that the dream world suddenly becomes a real world. It's really hard to explain to people and I could have never really understood it either until I experienced it. It's the most incredible thing to be in a dream thinking about the world you find yourself in and how you can't even tell that it's not the same reality as when your awake. You can do all of the same things plus a lot more of course. It will change how you view what we call "reality".

Good luck!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Re: Self Intro

Postby Summerlander » 09 Apr 2012 21:20

I couldn't agree more with lucidinthe sky. It is fun and very beneficial. It isn't just a playground! There are many applications and possibilities that open up to the lucid dreamer. Here are some example's mentioned in Michael Raduga's website:

Influencing the physiology of one’s own body.
Seeing people that one wants to meet with, but who are otherwise inaccessible or difficult to reach.
Meeting with famous people from any time period, living or deceased.
Meeting the deceased, including relatives, in order to help cope with their loss.
Supplemental rehabilitation for those disabled in any way and new possibilities for them.
Additional opportunities for athletes to master their skills.
An alternative to the computer as a means of entertainment.
Simulating various situations from an area of life.
Studying all possible subject-matters and learning skills, including foreign languages.
Discovering unusual capabilities in oneself.
Detailed recollection in minute detail of any life event from birth on.
Obtaining information about life, oneself, one’s surroundings, and other people.
Experiencing any type of pleasure (including sexual).
Making it easier to stick to a diet thanks to the unlimited amount of food available in the phase.
Visiting any place in the universe.
Fulfilling dreams and desires, including secret desires.
Performing complex mental calculations and solving various problems.
Improving one’s psychology: ridding oneself of complexes, phobias, lack of self-confidence, etc.
Creative development: creating and working on musical, sculptural, and architectural projects, as well as other creative works.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”