I propose a dream experiment!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
HAGART

Re: I propose a dream experiment!

Postby HAGART » 15 Feb 2012 02:37

AGREED.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 03 Apr 2012 22:28

HAGART, I want to try this experiment with you. But let's make the number 1-100 to lessen the odds and to make it more powerful if telepathy did work. I believe in all possibilities, especially one like this because I've had a precognitive dream before.

Pick your number and write it down. I'm writing mine down now. In your next lucid dream ask exactly "What is Arcadian's number?"

Before you do this, respond on here so I know you read this and I'll start attempting the same.
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

Doublea

Postby Doublea » 05 Apr 2012 14:33

Wouldn't this be better if both people were lucid dreaming at the same time? And decided to meet at the same place to tell each other their number? Or even text or email the number to the other person.

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 05 Apr 2012 16:33

Doublea wrote:Wouldn't this be better if both people were lucid dreaming at the same time? And decided to meet at the same place to tell each other their number? Or even text or email the number to the other person.

Probably, but I only LD about twice a week. So it would be extremely difficult to plan a LD at the same time because we won't know when that may be.
False Awakening

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 10 Apr 2012 04:15

Another way you could test telepathy is to summon several DCs and ask eachone what they represent. If one seems confused or is a smart alec about it, question that one. Get it to tell you a fact you would not know and their phone number. If when you wake up and conferm that fact, you then call the number and ask the person if they lucid dream. Maybe act like you are taking a poll. :idea: try to summon dream characters that you do not know in life so you may call them and ALWAYS!, tell them they are lucid dreaming to boost their brain ability.
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Apr 2012 03:50

Sorry I didn't log on this site for a while....

Arcadian wrote:HAGART, I want to try this experiment with you. But let's make the number 1-100 to lessen the odds

Alright, I tend to lucid dream about once a week too. SO I HAVE A NUMBER AND I AM WRITING IT DOWN. Let's see what happens. But even the story to how you arrive to the aswer is fun to share anyway. I am skeptical.... but also open-minded.

Doublea wrote:Wouldn't this be better if both people were lucid dreaming at the same time?

That would be a great test, but hard to set it up over the internet. It would be hard to plan, but I would love to do that test. It doesn't matter where you live, but we all have to be asleep at the same time and meet at one place. (but it has to be a place we all know emotionally. I can say meet me at my house here where I get false awakenings all the time, but nobody would know where it is. And I can't find you either.) It's complicated, but a great experiment. I've heard stories on the internet about people who meet other lucid dreamers in a dream and then can't find each other in real life... but it may be possible. Even if we were all in the same room and had an out of body experience, I don't know if we would all have the same story. BUT I WOULD LOVE THAT EXPERIMENT!

Ikamon357 wrote:Another way you could test telepathy is to summon several DCs and ask eachone what they represent. If one seems confused or is a smart alec about it, question that one.

I never thought of that. I usually ask one and they give me a weird response sometimes. However I did summon them with the question in mind, so they should have known the answer. BUt I find it hard to summon more than one at a time. But that's just me.

SO LET'S DO A SECOND EXPERIMENT WITH THE NUMBERS 1-100. AND IF YOU GET MINE OR IF I GET YOURS I WILL TELL YOU RIGHT AWAY THE STORY HOW I GOT IT. Or didn't get it.....

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Apr 2012 03:29

I have lucid dreamed and asked around and I got a definitive number that may or may not be Arcadian's.

I don't want to say it right now, because if Arcadian asks and gets the same number and it happens to be the same that I got for him... THAT WOULD BE SIGNIFICANT! We would have both been given the same number for some reason.

So whenever you are ready, Arcadian, tell me the number....

I'll reveal the story about how I got the number later too.

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 17 Apr 2012 05:29

HAGART wrote:I have lucid dreamed and asked around and I got a definitive number that may or may not be Arcadian's.

I don't want to say it right now, because if Arcadian asks and gets the same number and it happens to be the same that I got for him... THAT WOULD BE SIGNIFICANT! We would have both been given the same number for some reason.

So whenever you are ready, Arcadian, tell me the number....

I'll reveal the story about how I got the number later too.

Nice! I'm still in a slump. Have not had an LD in over a week :(. College is kicking my butt right now. Perhaps that's why. I'll keep you posted though as soon as I do.
You know you can still share your LD anyway, I won't mind. I'll still ask for your number in my next LD regardless if you got mine right or wrong.
False Awakening

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Apr 2012 17:35

OK.

I became aware and lucid in a dream because it was just too odd. I had a small baby in my hand and was showing my mother how it talks and is quite intelligent. Then I realized the ridiculousness of the situation and realized I was dreaming.

Instead of trying to conjure an expert who would know the answer, I simply asked my mother who was right there. I asked, "Do you know scanadia's number?" Then I thought and said, "wait no, arcadian?" (I have a theory that I but 'scan' in front because my last name is Scannell)

Anyway, then my brother appears and they both discuss a little and say, ZERO!

I said, no, it is between 1-100, so that can't be it. They disappear, but I can still hear their voices and now my grandmother shows up. Then they all agree that it is ___(blank), MY NUMBER!
I say no, that is MY number!

Finally they agreed that the number is..... 30.

As I was coming out of the dream I thought my second guess would be ONE because it is the closest number to ZERO. I doubt either is correct, but if your dream said 30 aswell that would have been interesting, but I doubt that would have happened either.

I believe in a form of precognition, but I think emotion has to be involved and when it comes to your own life or your loved ones it is more likely to happen.

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 18 Apr 2012 18:30

An interesting LD! I enjoyed listening how you got your conclusion. Sadly, 0,1, nor 30 is my number :(.

Let's not count this as a dud yet. I still have a chance to get yours right. And you can still try to seek out my number as well.

I'll keep you posted!
False Awakening

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”