help, I can't control my lucid dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

help, I can't control my lucid dreams

Postby ingestiblebulk » 10 Apr 2012 06:57

so, I had my third lucid dream last night, which is great. However, I've been having trouble with them. I become lucid, and I go to do something (like make something appear or go through a mirror) and I can't. The dream quickly descends back into being just a regular dream again. I think it may have to do with a lack of confidence in my ability to change my dream world. Any suggestions?

lucidinthe sky

Re: help, I can't control my lucid dreams

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Apr 2012 17:11

What you can do in a dream is all based exclusively on what you believe. In order to do more things in a dream you must believe you can do them. I know the word has a religious meaning, but it's really faith. Pure and simple. With faith you can move mountains.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Re: help, I can't control my lucid dreams

Postby Summerlander » 10 Apr 2012 18:53

I concur.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”