hello.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
alexs91

hello.

Postby alexs91 » 05 Jun 2011 09:29

My name is Alexsandra and i recently found out that i am a Lucid Dreamer and have some ability to control my dreams. I always wondered if there were more ppl out there who have the same abilities but never researched it until today and came upon this great site.I've been able to control dreams since i was young i am now 20, but recently in the past couple months have been able to realize that im just dreaming followed by being able to control actions and such in my dreams a lot. I also have woken up in middle of a dream,think about my dream i just had, analyze what i want to change then fall asleep and go back to where i left off knowing im dreaming and changing it how i like. That happened like 2 times. Is that really possible? Also after controlling my dreams i wake up feeling somewhat exhausted, why is that? this has been happening more frequently and sometimes it annoys me because i just want to sleep and not have to think in my dreams, is that weird??? O.o thanks :)

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: hello.

Postby Rebecca » 06 Jun 2011 06:38

Hi Alexsandra, welcome to the forums :D

You are a natural lucid dreamer - and yes, everything you have experienced is possible!

It takes skill to be able to re-enter a specific or previous dream after waking up, but this is possible when you are a lucid dreamer.

However only natural lucid dreamers seem to complain of feeling tired or exhausted when they wake up. I think because you are undergoing high levels of brain activity (GAMMA levels) during REM sleep for longer than the average lucid dreamer, who may only spend part of their dreams lucidly. And this is far more active than non-lucid dreamers who are in a THETA state for their dream time. I'm sorry I have no advice for this as I'm not a natural, I have to desire and incubate a lucid dream in order to have one, otherwise my dreams are generally non-lucid. You are quite unusual in that respect (but there are others like you too!)

I'm glad you decided to join our forums. People will have lots of questions for you once they know you're a natural.... ;)

My question is.... how do you usually become lucid, and do you ever "fall asleep consciously"?

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Jun 2011 07:07

Rebecca,

"People will have lots of questions for you once they know you're a natural..."

Interesting comment, can you expand a little more on this one please

Cheers
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

alexs91

Postby alexs91 » 06 Jun 2011 09:06

Rebecca,

Thanks for the response! when i become lucid i don't try nor want it to happen, I just fall asleep and it happens naturally, sometimes it seems like I become lucid for a long time in a dream which makes me think if thats why i feel tired when i wake up. Lately its happened more often. Ive also managed to be able to fly in my dreams but it only happens when i am being chased lol.

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Jun 2011 09:26

when you say becoming lucid just happens what triggers the awareness or what is your idea of lucid?. the jump from say a vivid dream when your are invloved, maybe having a conversation or a higher level activity to becoming aware. I fly in dreams a lot and do heaps of interesting stuff and very often but a lot of the time but is not quite a fully lucid dream. It is so close but just a sliver of awareness away from fully lucid so keen to understand what defines lucid for you.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

alexs91

Postby alexs91 » 06 Jun 2011 09:36

Rebecca,

I forgot to mention.... Im not sure if this is exactly falling asleep consciously but i have experienced a state in which i feel like I am awake like laying in my bed but I see things like my Boyfriend in my room talking to me when he's really not here. then when i slip out of it everything disssapears my eyes seem to have been open. it seems very real becuase i feel like i'm awake because i know im laying in my bed while this happens and i remember moving around and catch myself talking but i kinda know i was sleeping. I always feel confused.

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Jun 2011 09:44

just enjoy and let it evolve without any stress on what is happening

alexs91

Postby alexs91 » 06 Jun 2011 09:58

Peter,

well i think what usually triggers it is when i have a suspenseful dream. i stop and realize that its just a dream because that cant happen. so i usually think to myself that i can change it or wake up. sometimes it happens randomly i just stop and think to myself what i have to do when i wake up, or ill have a conversation with someone and just go along with it knowing ill wake up shortly. as odd as it sound i had an encouter with a celeb in my dream last night, and i remember thinking for a moment and i thought well this is obviously a dream ima go along with it while i can, i also smiled because i knew it was a dream so it wasnt cheating, i woke up and laughed! :lol:
Last edited by alexs91 on 06 Jun 2011 10:26, edited 1 time in total.

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Jun 2011 10:18

sounds like you are quite comfortable with the concept and enjoying. remember that what you post on the net lives forever. Its a wonderful playground with some snaps of reality chucked in at times. I would be reading and exploring the dreamscapes and where you started not be to concerned with being tired as if you really need sleep you will simply sleep.

Seto_Blade

Postby Seto_Blade » 06 Jun 2011 17:58

I wish I had your innate ability to just know i'm dreaming, Alex. Very cool.

So, what are some of the best things you've done in the dream realm?

Return to “For Beginners”