Completely new, but willing to learn

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Opossum

Completely new, but willing to learn

Postby Opossum » 12 Apr 2012 06:18

Hello all! I didn't even know lucid dreaming was possible until a few days ago, but i've been trying to do as much research into as possible, as it's what i've been dreaming of for a long time, no pun intended. I'm wondering what the best way would be for me to go about attaining this wonderful ability. I can rarely recall my dreams, but i've only been having six hours of sleep on average. I'm hoping that's the main problem, because i have the extra hours to give for it. I tried WILDing the last two nights, and though i now know that's for more advanced dreamers and i never achieved lucidity due to me falling into regular sleep, i did remember my dreams which is rare for me. I also am starting a dream journal to aid in my recall. I was wondering what the best method would be to attempt to achieve lucidity, any tips to aid in dream recall, and a rough timeframe for how long it will take to have my first lucid dream. I'm under no illusion that this is a quick, overnight thing, however. I expect to work at this for a long time and from what i've read, it will be more then worth it.

Thank you for any assistance you can share!

Return to “For Beginners”