precognitive dreams

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
dtommy79

precognitive dreams

Postby dtommy79 » 29 Apr 2011 21:01

Have you ever had a precognitive dream?

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: precognitive dreams

Postby Rebecca » 30 Apr 2011 02:57

When I was a kid, I dreamed my cousin (who I rarely saw as she lived so far away) purchased an old yellow mini and was driving it round my school. The next day my mum told me she had done exactly that (without the school bit, she'd just bought a yellow mini).

As a teenager (about the time I started lucid dreaming) I dreamed of hundreds of giant logs littering the landscape, all laid out deliberately for a purpose. There was a whole epic plot going on too - something about the pyramids and I wrote a story about it when I woke up. Again, the next day we went for a walk in the park and found myself in my dream again, looking at dozens of massive trees chopped down and left littering the park, the scene was very unusual.

That said, I am still a bigger believer in coincidence than I am precognitive dreams..... ;)

dtommy79

Postby dtommy79 » 30 Apr 2011 12:45

I remember When I was a kid my mom had a dream. She said she saw us living in a different house and she also saw a young woman holding a baby in her arms and there was a church behind them.

A few years later we moved to a new house. Not far from the house there is a small church. A couple of years later my brother got married and soon after they had a baby girl.

Donna

Postby Donna » 02 May 2011 13:26

I have them quite a lot. One in particular I call the "Death Dream". It's not the details of the dream that matters as much as the feeling of it. The first time I knew what it meant was when one of my students committed suicide. I've had it a number of times since. Most recently was a few years ago, when my husband's aunt died. I woke at 4.44am and he woke too and asked me why I was up. I told him I'd tell him in the morning, which I did. Shortly afterwards, his parents rang with the news. We asked them if they could get time of death details, which they did: it was estimated between 4.30 and 5am.

Here's a lucid one with precognitive elements:

Hitchhiker on my back and children in the fog. Sat Apr 28, 2007

I’m sinking into the trance state, observing myself fall asleep. I hear panting/deep breathing (“astral” noise) and am satisfied that I’m getting closer. I’ve spent the first hour or so on my back but at some point I’ve rolled over and I’m lying perfectly still on my right side.

I distinctly feel something get into bed with me, behind me. I somehow recognise it as familiar but I don’t know why. I feel it attempt to “attach” to my back and I react with an, “Oh, no you don’t” response. My feelings towards it are as towards a naughty child.

I turn over to my left to prevent it from attaching, shoving it with my right hand. Initially, I think I’ve done this physically but it soon occurs to me that my physical body hasn’t moved at all. Now, though, I’m no longer quite in the mind-awake-body-asleep state.

I concentrate some time on protective measures but I’m surprised that I’m not really that unnerved.

The rest of the experiment is spent in dreams of varying lucidity (not as controlled as that previous occasion) with some enjoyable flying.

I fly through a fog. There's a gigantic cylinder standing upright. I hear children giggling and I'm drawn to the top. I can't see them but I know they're sitting around the rim. I sit on the rim too.

I can hear a voice giving me cheek. He's saying I have a big nose. I play along, giving cheek as well. Then I say, "Let's see who's being so cheeky". I fly across the fog and locate a little face. A cherubic blond toddler, too young for such advanced cheekiness. I see he's beautiful and I say, "Oh, someone with a little button nose like yours shouldn't be so cheeky." He starts to giggle, as do the other unseen children around the rim. *

I fly over a metal hills hoist clothes line. I feel a bit fixated on looking at it but I break myself away from this.

I fly down to a cityscape. There are people everywhere. I'm feeling a tad god-like now and I land and walk down an alley. A grey metal door (like a garage door) with a large red cross graffitied on in drops down heavily and noisily in front of me. I summons Fl (one of the people I've tried to meet in the astral). He appears but he's passive and there's no spark in his eyes.

I notice the ground and decide to carpet it. A red carpet appears but I lose lucidity.

*At my kids' football the next day my friend, T, turns up with her nieces and nephews. She introduces them and, immediately I recognise the youngest, 2 year old Ben, as the toddler from the dream.

This is not the first time I've dreamt a child who I've met the next day. A few weeks ago, while I was bike riding with my kids, I went past a toddler in a pram whom I felt was the child I'd dreamt of the night before. She was a dark skinned child, very beautiful. As I rode past, she smiled and said hello. In the dream, she had virtually sat on me and then became very embarrassed when she realised I wasn't her mother.

Also, that week I found myself in dense smoke from a fire. Could this have been what the fog in the dream represented?

And another:

My Piano Teacher was Ill. 7th September, 2007

... Inside the house with Mrs L (she tells me to call her M but I like calling her Mrs L, like the children do). She's talking about the public holiday (In sydney, due to APEC?) and the lack of public transport. She's organised something with her husband who is about but not in the room. (In real life he has already passed on). As she passes me in a synthetic dress, like the ones Mum used to wear, F and I notice large smears of fecal matter across the back of her dress. F and I look at eachother. I ask him to go and tell her quietly so she won't be embarrassed and he does so with great sensitivity.

This dream caused me to ring Mrs L to inquire after her well being. She was indeed very ill and had be hospitalised due to severe gastroenteritis.

FPConEcho

Postby FPConEcho » 02 Jun 2011 02:46

Indeed!

In one dream I had, I saw a crescent moon with two planets aligned at an angle on its lower right side. Somehow, I knew the planet closest to the crescent moon was Venus, while the other to the right of Venus was Jupiter. How did I know what the two planets were? Somehow I could translate the emotions felt in the dream into tangible information.

The next day, I awoke and told my mother about the dream. Later that night, I was outside and there was the crescent moon with two planets. The visual from my position in the world was just like in my dream.

I did a Youtube video presenting an explanation for precognition, which it includes some of my experiences with precognition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H06b0-xvapU

It is curious...

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 03 Jun 2011 02:46

My mother told me about a dream she had of a particular house, and there were people moving a piano out of the house.

A couple years later we were moving to a new state, and my parents were driving around new neighborhoods looking for houses for sale. My mom told me they drove by the house in her dream, and sure enough, there were people moving a piano out of it. :lol:

So, I think that's too much detail to be a coincidence. But, it was a couple years that had passed since she had the dream, so it's likely she just had a deja vu and her brain filled in details about the dream that may have never really happened. She didn't keep a dream journal. If she had kept a dream journal with detailed explanations, and then found it to happen, then that would be conclusive proof of a precognitive dream (or a big coincidence).

FPConEcho

Postby FPConEcho » 06 Jun 2011 08:00

Jonathan wrote:My mother told me about a dream she had of a particular house, and there were people moving a piano out of the house.

A couple years later we were moving to a new state, and my parents were driving around new neighborhoods looking for houses for sale. My mom told me they drove by the house in her dream, and sure enough, there were people moving a piano out of it. :lol:

So, I think that's too much detail to be a coincidence. But, it was a couple years that had passed since she had the dream, so it's likely she just had a deja vu and her brain filled in details about the dream that may have never really happened. She didn't keep a dream journal. If she had kept a dream journal with detailed explanations, and then found it to happen, then that would be conclusive proof of a precognitive dream (or a big coincidence).

Of course, if she kept a dream journal with detailed explanations and a manifestation occurred, then some would consider it conclusive proof. The problem is that it can't be seemingly repeated consistently, which is why it would be thrown out as a big coincidence. Even if there were conclusive evidence deemed proof, people would deny it being real because it would completely destroy their reality.

Precognitive or not, my view on dreams is that they are worthless unless information of value can be derived from them. About six months ago I was thinking of creating a detailed dream journal as a blackbook/grimoire per se. I decided against doing so because I have nothing to prove and more important matters that require my full attention, which the information I retrieve from certain dreams are best retained in my head for the time being.

The reason I considered a compilation of precognitive dreams is because they have started taking on a new form, which I've been having precognitive dreams about people. Having precognitive dreams about individuals has never happened to me before in my whole entire life. My precognition has turned into a highly useful tool for the identification and procurement of unique individuals of a certain caliber with special talents. What for? I'm developing a global Think-tank group. Why? To make a correction in order to prevent the extinction of the human species.

Precognition is activated by an individual's will. The stronger an individual's will, the more the precognition manifests, becomes organized, and more intelligently provides useful information. In other words, the more focused an individual is, the more control the individual has in utilizing it, which the control is innate. The more intense and profound the will, such as a pursuit in ending the extinction of the human species, the more precognition will manifest and the more one will literally change.

Of course, a capable individual with such a critically important aim wouldn't be wasting time sharing on a message board, which it signifies delusions of grandeur etc.. The truth of the matter is that my cognitive functions have been blitzed, which it seems I've been suffering from sleep deprivation my whole life. Even with sleep deprivation, I still have precognitive dreams. Unfortunately, I can't remember most dreams. I actually have a sleep study that is going to be conducted within a couple weeks, which they will most likely diagnose me with severe sleep apnea. It will be corrected and for once in my life I won't be sleep deprived, which my potential will blossom ten-fold due to my cognitive functions being fully restored. Lack of focus caused by sleep deprivation is the current chink in my armor that is making me seemingly waste time i.e. torpor.

The type of things I talk about all reinforce each other and show something profound, which if I present the full story of all my experiences etc. in a book, it would be a best seller. I do plan on writing a book about all my experiences etc., however, it is not for money, notoriety, or anything in that sense. It is because it will function as a blueprint for others to pick-up where I left off in case of my untimely death.

Does precognition exist? Yes and no. Watch the video I provided if you want a more detailed answer on precognition. I may seem larger than life, but I'm not. It just so happens that I'm in the process of realizing the full potential of my true self as a human being.

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Jun 2011 09:41

I will be interested in your sleep test results as I had simlar issue with sleep a few years back. An avg night for me was 3 hours and the longest sleep in that time was 30 minutes. Sleep deprived for many years but not from sleep apnia.
You may find that if you get good restful sleep the nature of your dreams will change and the type and nature of your current dreams will just fade away.
A lot of the strong "odd" dreams or states can be induced with insomina as there is a tendancy for the body to sleep and parts of the mind to stay awake
Keen to hear how you get on

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

FPConEcho

Postby FPConEcho » 20 Jun 2011 18:08

Peter wrote:I will be interested in your sleep test results as I had simlar issue with sleep a few years back. An avg night for me was 3 hours and the longest sleep in that time was 30 minutes. Sleep deprived for many years but not from sleep apnia.
You may find that if you get good restful sleep the nature of your dreams will change and the type and nature of your current dreams will just fade away.
A lot of the strong "odd" dreams or states can be induced with insomina as there is a tendancy for the body to sleep and parts of the mind to stay awake
Keen to hear how you get on

Peter

Had my sleep study done. Come to find out I have two forms of sleep apnea, which for my age and fitness the nurse was surprised I had sleep apnea at all and that it showed up within about a two hours of being asleep. Typically, it takes four hours or so.

Due to this, she woke me and hooked me up to a BPAP. I slept for about two to three hours with the BPAP. How do I feel with just three hours on a BPAP machine? Fucking amazing. My blood feels electrified, probably due to the oxygen saturation of my blood being normal. Best example of how I feel is that relaxed high you feel after having an orgasm. All my senses feel moderately heightened and my thoughts aren't jumbled. It is simply astonishing.

I didn't have any dreams that night that I remember, however, I'll be getting a copy of the test results on my brain activity etc. in about two weeks. My guess is that I have severe sleep apnea, since I have two forms and it manifested super fast in the sleep study. Can't wait to see how I feel after getting a full night's rest using the BPAP they issued me.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”