Finally Lucid Dreaming and some DEILD questions

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Barakabomba

Finally Lucid Dreaming and some DEILD questions

Postby Barakabomba » 14 Apr 2012 21:24

Three of the last four nights I have had lucid dreams. :) I am very glad that I have been able to get consistent lucid dreams after 3 weeks of trying techniques. They are still very short but I can definitely see myself gaining more awareness and control of the dream. The problem resides more in my attention span since I have trouble achieving what I planned on doing the night before.

For example, in my LD last night I had planned on talking to my dream guide about lucidity in hopes of getting some answers, but instead ended up doing something else. After becoming lucid quite spontaneously and pretty late in the dream I walked into a room in my old school and went through the steps of stabilizing the dream. I rubbed my hands together feeling the texture and shouted "increase lucidity" actually quite loud which caused a group of people sitting at a table to stare at me in confusion. I was about to tell myself "I am going to have a long and stable lucid dream" but quite comically in the middle of saying it I saw Jason Statham sitting across the table and ended up saying "I am going to have a long and stable..." "...fight...". I fought him and smashed some of the chairs off his face and it was fun but I think I got too excited and woke myself from the dream. Which brings me to my questions.

When I wake up from my lucid dreams I am very aware that I am about to wake up so I am able to stop myself from moving upon waking up but I never have DEILDs.

When I try to DEILD should my mind be alert to keep me from losing lucidity or should I let the fog of sleep come over me and allow myself to drift back into the dream?

Should I try to remember what was happening from the previous dream or keep my mind blank and open to a new dream?

If I start seeing HI should I focus in on it and will it become something more of a dream or sit back and not think about it allowing it to form itself?

Also, after waking up and not moving is there a time limit within where if a DEILD hasn't happened it is a failure or do I just keep laying motionless until it does happen?

Thanks for all the help,
Baraka

Barakabomba

Re: Finally Lucid Dreaming and some DEILD questions

Postby Barakabomba » 17 Apr 2012 02:10

Bump. Can anyone provide me with any answers on my DEILD questions? People on the forum have praised it as being a very reliable technique for lucid dreaming and I want to make sure I am able to do it most effectively.

Return to “For Beginners”